Tanzania visa for Russian citizens: Requirements and Fees
Tanzania tourism is no longer a foreign concept to those who adore Africa. Discover Tanzania's wild nature and diverse and unique culture – the "roof of Africa" will undoubtedly entice visitors. Tanzania is home to rare animal sanctuaries, vast savannas, and Africa's highest mountain peaks.
Russian citizens visiting Tanzania must obtain a visa. Also, if you want to know how to apply for a Tanzania visa online for Russian citizens, please read this article by Tanzania Immigration Services!
1. What is a Tanzania e-Visa for Russian citizens?
The Tanzania Immigration Department began issuing Tanzania e-visas (e-visa Tanzania) in November 2018. This type of visa is only available online. Tanzania issues e-visas to citizens of 90 countries to enter Tanzania for purposes such as tourism, commercial investment, visiting relatives, working, transit and so on.
The online application simplifies the process for Tanzania visa application from Russia. It eliminates the need to physically visit a local embassy or consulate to submit the paperwork required to obtain a Tanzania visa for Russian citizens.
Russian citizens planning a trip to Tanzania (including the Zanzibar archipelago) can apply for an e-Visa by completing a simple online form and receiving their e-Visa via email.
Tanzania e-Visa for Russian citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Russian citizens.
Please refer to the Tanzania Visa Requirements for Russian Citizens for e-visas:
- The passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entering Tanzania and has at least 02 blank pages.
- 01 digital passport photo.
- A valid email address: You must enter a valid email address during the application process in order to receive notifications about the status of your Tanzania e-Visa.
- Invitation letter + COI for Business e-Visa, flight ticket for Transit visa and return flight ticket for Tourist e-Visa. Host ID card/passport, Letter from Host if you choose Tourist Multiple Entry e-Visa.
Tanzania visa requirements for Russian citizens.
3. Types of Tanzania visas from Russia.
There are a number of Tanzanian visa requirements for Russian citizens, one of which is that the applicant selects the type of visa they will require for their stay. The following visas are available:
- A single-entry tourist e-Visa: that allows the traveler a 3-month consecutive stay in the country for a holiday, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist e-Visa for Russians: is designed for those who visit Tanzania frequently. This visa is valid for 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of three months in a row. To be eligible for this visa, the applicant must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and provide a variety of supporting documentation.
- A transit visa to Tanzania is available for travelers who plan to take a short trip or stay for no more than 7 days while transiting to another destination. This type of e-Visa can not be extended.
- A Tanzania business e-Visa is available to professionals planning to visit Tanzania in order to invest in Tanzanian businesses.
Types of Tanzania visas from Russia.
4. How to apply for a Tanzania visa for Russian citizens online?
Once Russian citizens have ensured that they have all of the required documentation and that they meet all of the visa requirements, they can begin the online application from anywhere in the world. The application process is simple and quick, taking only a few minutes for Russian citizens.
Russian citizens must fill out a form with personal and passport information:
- Full name.
- Expiration date..
- Contact information: Email, phone number.
Pay the e-visa service fee through the online platform.
To avoid delays, all information provided must be accurate, and it is recommended to double-check for potential errors before submitting the form.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for a Tanzania visa for Russian citizens online.
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Russian citizens.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for Russian citizens online, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: The service cost and the government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Tanzania Immigration Services is proud of its ability to provide excellent service at a reasonable cost. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa you select as well as the processing time you select.
The service charge is adjustable based on which of the three service categories you choose from the list below:
- The standard processing time: You will receive your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent processing time: If you choose this e-visa type, you will receive your e-visa in two working days.
- Super Urgent processing time: the quickest type of e-visa, which can be obtained in as soon as 24 business hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
The total cost will be determined by the type of e-Visa and the time frame in which you require it. Keep in mind that both of these factors have an impact on your bill.