Tanzania e-Visa for Icelandic citizens: Requirements and Fees
If you've ever wanted to climb Africa's highest peak, relax on some of the world's clearest beaches, or go on a life-changing safari — all in the same country! — Tanzania is the place to be. Long regarded as Africa's hidden gem, this adaptable country is finally receiving the attention it deserves from fellow travelers.
However, before you book your next flight to Dar es Salaam, keep in mind that all Icelandic citizens are required to have a visa in order to enter Tanzania legally.
Fortunately, applying for a Tanzania evisa as an Icelandic citizen is a quick, easy, and simple process. A new government regulation enacted last year allows citizens of over 150 countries, including Iceland, to apply for a simplified Tanzanian electronic visa (also known as an evisa). In this article, we'll show you how to apply, what you'll need, and more.
Table of contents:
1. Tanzania visa requirements for Icelandic citizens.
Before you can apply for a Tanzanian electronic visa, you must first determine what type of visa you require. The four main visa types are classified as follows:
- A single-entry Tanzania tourist visa – A single-entry visa (also known as a Tanzania tourist visa) allows the traveler to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of three month from the arrival date. This visa is granted for pleasure, tourism, or medical reasons in Tanzania.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania visa – This visa is designed for travelers who plan to visit Tanzania frequently. The multi-entry visa allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for three months (consecutively) on each trip, with the visa valid for a year. To be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa, the applicant must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and provide documentation (An invitation from the host and their ID card/ passport) to support their application.
- A Tanzania transit visa allows Icelandic travelers to use Tanzania as a transit country before continuing on to their next destination. It is only valid for stays of up to 7 days from the arrival date with a single entry.
- Those planning to visit Tanzania for business or to invest in Tanzanian-founded companies can apply for a Tanzania business visa. This visa is valid for 03 months from the arrival date and single entry is granted. To apply for a Business eVisa, Icelandic nationals must obtain an invitation letter and certificate of incorporation.
After you've decided on the appropriate visa, the next step is to gather the necessary documents. The following is a complete list of Tanzania visa requirements for Icelandic citizens:
- A current passport – Your passport must be current and valid for at least 6 months from the date you plan to arrive in Tanzania. It is also recommended that the passport contain at least two blank pages for the officer to stamp it.
- A copy of the biographical page of your passport
- A digital passport photo – Near the end of the application, you must send a recent photo of yourself taken within the last 6 months. Your face should be centered and your features should be visible.
- A return flight ticket to Iceland or onward destination – As part of the ongoing process to ensure travelers adhere to the three-month Tanzanian tourist visa limit, you will be required to submit this document.
- A valid payment method – In order to pay the visa fees, you must have a valid debit or credit card.
- A valid email address – Finally, in order to receive notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa, you must have a valid email address.
2. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Iceland?
To obtain a Tanzania visa from Iceland, you must first complete the online Tanzania visa application form. The entire procedure takes less than 30 minutes.
The application is straightforward, asking only a few questions about yourself, such as your full name, date of birth, and nationality; your contact information, which includes your email and current address; and your passport information, which includes your passport number.
You must pay the application fee and wait after completing and submitting the application. The Tanzania visa takes an average of 03 days to process, but it may take longer due to high demand or other factors.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
3. Cost of Tanzania visa for Icelandic passport holders.
Tanzania visa fees for Icelandic passport holders vary depending on the type of visa and the processing time of visa application. You must pay two (2) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from Iceland: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
You can get your e-Visa quickly by applying online at Tanzania Immigration Services instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. Simply fill out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You can select one of the following processing times:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
When you have COVID-19 Insurance , your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
4. What entry points are available for Icelandic passport holders to enter Tanzania?
Icelandic citizens with an eVisa can enter the United Republic of Tanzania through one of the following entry points:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA), located in Dar es-Salaam.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA), serving the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
- Mwanza International Airport, serving the city of Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA), on Unguja Island.
- Zanzibar Sea Port.
- By border: Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.