Tanzania visa for South African citizens: Requirements and Fees
Only a few countries in the world, including a number of Sub-Saharan African nations, are exempt from requiring a visa to enter Tanzania. The majority of other passport holders will need to obtain a Tanzania visa in order to visit the country. So, How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from South Africa? This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for South African citizens, as well as the requirements.
1. A visa to Tanzania from South Africa?
South Africans do not need a visa to Tanzania if they plan to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days and have a passport valid for at least six months from the date of entry. Otherwise, a visa is required for stays longer than 90 days.
Please contact and apply at the Tanzania embassy in South Africa if you want to stay in Tanzania longer than 90 days.
Visa for Tanzania from South Africa
2. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for South African passport holders?
Tanzania Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is an online tourist visa that is available to South African passport holders upon arrival in Tanzania.
Applying for a visa to Tanzania from South Africa remotely via the internet is seen as a significant improvement over the previous method of physically going to a Tanzanian diplomatic mission to file the paperwork.
Citizens of South Africa can apply for a Tanzania e-Visa for tourism and leisure visits. There are 04 types of Tanzania e-Visas available to South African travelers:
- Tanzania Single-entry tourist Visa: It allows South Africans to enter Tanzania once and stay there for up to 03 months from the arrival date
- Tanzania Multiple-entry tourist Visa: is valid for 1 year from the arrival date. With this type of visa, South African travelers can visit Tanzania multiple times within 1 year, and stay there for up to 03 months on each trip.
- Tanzania Transit Visa: A transit visa is available for South African travelers transiting through Tanzania and intending to stay for no more than 07 days.
- Tanzania Business Visa: This single-entry visa enables South African to remain in Tanzania for 03 months from the date of arrival
South African citizens planning a vacation in mainland Tanzania or Zanzibar can take advantage of the many benefits provided by this digital visa:
- Applying for a visa to Tanzania from South Africa online that is quick and easy to use
- Within a few business days, the transaction was completed.
- There is no need to visit an embassy.
- Visas can be received at home via Email.
Tanzania e-Visa for South African passport holders
3. Tanzania visa requirements for South African citizens.
Certain basic requirements must be met in order to successfully apply for a Tanzania Visa for South African citizens, including:
- A working email address.
- A Tanzanian passport in good condition. The passport is valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date in Tanzania
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- At least two blank pages for entry/exit stamps are required.
- The flight ticket confirmation
- A current debit/credit card for the payment
Before beginning the application process, travelers must ensure that these prerequisites are met.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the passport used to apply for the Tanzania e-Visa needs to be the same one that the South African citizens will be traveling on. This is because e-Visa applications are linked to specific passports and are only valid for entry into Tanzania with that specific passport.
Travelers should also be aware that Tanzania has a strict policy for dealing with people who overstay their visas. Anyone found to have overstayed their visa will be placed on an Immigration Control List and barred from entering Tanzania for a 5-year period.
Tanzania visa requirements for South African citizens
4. How to apply for a Tanzania visa for South African citizens online?
To apply for a Tanzania Visa South African citizens, they need to fill in an online application form that includes their name, date of birth, citizenship, and passport information.
South African travelers should make every effort to answer the application form questions honestly and in good faith, as errors can cause delays in the processing of their e-Visa applications. One of the most important considerations is whether the information submitted via the e-Visa application matches the information on the applicant's passport.
After that, South African citizens need to pay the visa fees using a valid debit/credit card. Once the application is submitted, it can take anywhere from 1 day to 03 business days for it to be processed and approved.
South African travelers will receive their e-Visas via email once they have been approved. They are advised to bring a printed copy of the e-Visa with them to show Border Control officials at the Tanzania port of entry in order to pass. The e-Visa will specify the maximum number of days a person can stay in South Africa, as well as the number of entries permitted on the e-Visa.
Tanzania Immigration Services is a part of Global Immgiration Services Ltd., a company specializing in providing travel consulting services to many travelers around the world. We give the best guidance on visa application for people who would like to visit Tanzania.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for a Tanzania visa for South African citizens