Tanzania e-Visa requirements for Swedish citizens
Tourists from Sweden who want to visit Tanzania can now apply for an e-Visa.
The e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization that was introduced in Tanzania in 2018 to make it easier for short-term visitors to obtain a visa. The e-Visa, unlike a regular visa, does not necessitate a visit to an embassy or the submission of a paper application. The entire procedure takes only a few minutes to complete.
Tanzanian e-Visa is a one-time entry visa that allows visitors to stay in Tanzania for up to three months for tourism, leisure, or short-term business. Tanzania's mainland and Zanzibar are both covered by the e-Visa.
Table of contents:
1. Types of Tanzania visas for Swedish citizens.
If international visitors intend to visit Tanzania for tourism, business, or transit, the following visas should be considered:
Tourist e-Visa for Tanzania: This visa allows people to enter Tanzania for tourism, relaxing vacations, or a date with overseas friends·. It is further classified into two categories.
- Tanzania 3-month Tourist e-Visa (Single entry): A popular tourism choice with permission to stay 90 consecutive days for a single entry.
- Tanzania 1-year Tourist e-Visa (Multiple entries): The flexible access of this type is a big difference from the single entry. Swedish residents can enter the country as many times as they wish and stay in Tanzania for a period of every 3 months. The validity of this e-Visa is within 1 year from the arrival date.
Tanzania Transit e-Visa (Valid for 7 days from arrival date): Travelers who want to stay in Tanzania for no more than 07 days on their way to another country can apply for this visa.
Tanzania Business e-Visa (Valid for 90 days from arrival date with single entry): This visa allows Swedish passport holders to stay for three months.
It is strongly advised to apply for an e-Visa prior to departure to ensure a smoother process upon arrival in Tanzania.
Tanzania visa for Swedish citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Swedish citizens.
The Swedish visa requirements for Tanzania are as follows:
- Please submit a copy of your passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of application.
- The passport must have at least 2 blank pages to implant a visa mark.
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport
- A picture of the applicant
- Enter a valid email address to receive the electronic travel document.
- A round-trip flight ticket for tourist and transit e-visa.
In addition, the following documents must be submitted with your application for a business visa or a tourist visa with multiple entries:
- A letter of invitation from a host, along with his or her ID.
- A certificate of incorporation and an invitation from the Host Company
Upon arrival, you must show your passports as well as a printed copy of your approved e-Visa. As a result, once you receive your e-Visa via email, remember to print it.
The entry points for travelers entering Tanzania.
The following are the entry points for travelers entering Tanzania with an e-Visa:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA), located in Dar-es-Salaam.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA), serving the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
- Mwanza International Airport, serving the city of Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA), on Unguja Island.
- Zanzibar Sea Port.
- By road: Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.
Travelers should always carry a copy of their e-Visa with them in case they are asked to show proof of a valid visa. It is also advisable to be aware of the safety and security measures when visiting Tanzania.
Tanzania visa requirements for Swedish citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Sweden?
Applying for an e-Visa to Tanzania from Sweden is a simple and quick process. All that is needed is an internet connection and the necessary paperwork.
The following information will be required on the application form:
- Visa details (number of visa, type of visa, port of arrival, the processing time)
- Personal information: full name, birth date, gender and country of citizenship.
- Passport information
- The trip's specifics are as follows: intended entry date and departure date.
Applicants must pay the visa fee via electronic payment (PayPal, Debit/ Credit Card, American Express) or wire transfer after completing the application form (via the Bank of Cyprus). Applicants will then receive a message confirming that their application was submitted successfully.
To avoid inconveniences such as delays or denial of the e-Visa, it is critical that all information provided in the application form be accurate and up to date.
Applicants must provide a valid email address because all e-Visa communications, including acceptance or denial, will be sent via email.
Tanzanian e-Visas typically take one to three days to process. Travelers should plan ahead of time and submit their applications on time to avoid arriving in Tanzania without approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Sweden.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Swedish passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Swedish citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries of the applicant's visit. To apply for a Tanzania visa from Sweden, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
By applying for a Tanzania e-Visa on the Tanzania Immigration Services portal, you can get your e-Visa quickly instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. All you have to do is apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You have a variety of processing times options in the following list:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: This is the most expensive option available. You can expect to receive your e-Visa within 24 hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa fee for Swedish passport holders.