Tanzania e visa requirements for Finnish citizens
Finnish tourists who want to visit Tanzania can now apply for an eVisa for Tanzania.
The eVisa is an electronic travel authorization introduced in Tanzania in 2018 to make obtaining a visa for short-term visitors easier. Unlike a regular visa, the e-Visa does not require a visit to an embassy or the submission of a paper application. The entire process only takes a few minutes to complete.
The Tanzanian eVisa is a single-entry visa that allows visitors to stay in Tanzania for up to three months for tourism, leisure, or short-term medical treatments. The e-Visa covers both Tanzania's mainland and Zanzibar.
1. Types of Tanzania visas for Finnish citizens.
If international visitors are planning to visit Tanzania for tourism, business, and transit reasons, they should consider the following visas:
Tanzania Tourist e-Visa: This visa allows people to enter Tanzania for touristic purposes, relaxing holidays, having a date with overseas friends, or short-term health treatment. It is further divided into 02 categories.
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Single entry): A popular tourism choice with permission to stay 90 consecutive days for a single entry.
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Multiple entries): The flexible access of this type is a big difference from the single entry. Finnish residents can enter the country as many times as they wish and stay in Tanzania for a period of every 3 months. The validity of this eVisa is within 1 year from the arrival date.
Tanzania Transit e-Visa (Valid for 7 days from arrival date): Travelers who want to stay in Tanzania on their route to another country for no more than 07 days can apply for this visa.
Tanzania Business e-Visa (Valid for 90 days from arrival date with single entry): This visa allows 03-month stay for Finnish passport holders.
Applying for an eVisa prior to departure is strongly advised to ensure a smoother process upon arrival in Tanzania.
Tanzania visas for Finnish citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Finnish citizens.
The following are the Tanzania visa requirements for Finnishs:
- Provide a copy of your passport, which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application.
- A scan of passport’s biographical page
- A photograph of the applicant
- To receive the electronic travel document, enter a valid email address.
- A return flight ticket
Additionally, you must include the following documents with your application for a business visa or a tourist visa with multiple entries:
- An invitation letter from a host with his/her ID.
- An invitation of the Host Company and a certificate of Incorporation
You must present your passports as well as a printed copy of your approved e-Visa upon arrival. Therefore, remember to print out your eVisa once you receive it via email.
The entry points for travelers entering Tanzania.
The following are the entry points for travelers entering Tanzania with an e-Visa:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA), located in Dar es-Salaam.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA), serving the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
- Mwanza International Airport, serving the city of Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA), on Unguja Island.
- Zanzibar Sea Port.
- By road: Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.
Travelers should keep a copy of their eVisa with them at all times in case they are asked to show proof of a valid visa. When visiting Tanzania, it is also advisable to be aware of the safety and security measures.
Tanzania visa requirements for Finnish citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Finland?
Applying for an eVisa to Tanzania from the Finland is a simple and quick process. All that is needed is an internet connection and the necessary paperwork.
The following information will be required on the application form:
- Visa details (number of visa, type of visa, port of arrival, the processing time)
- Personal information: full name, birth date, gender and country of citizenship.
- Passport information includes the country of issue, number.
- The trip's specifics are as follows: intended entry date and departure date.
After completing the application form, applicants must pay the visa fee using electronic payments (PayPal, Debit/ Credit Card, American Express) or Wire Transfer (via the Bank of Cyprus). Applicants will then receive a confirmation message indicating that their application was successfully submitted.
It is critical that all information provided in the application form be accurate and up to date to avoid inconveniences such as delays or denial of the eVisa.
All eVisa communications, including acceptance or denial, will be sent via email, so applicants must provide a valid email address.
An eVisa for Tanzania typically takes 01 to 03 days to process. To avoid arriving in Tanzania without approval, travelers should plan ahead of time and submit their applications on time.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Finland.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Finnish passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Finnish citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries of the applicant's visit. To apply for a Tanzania visa from Finland, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
By applying for a Tanzania eVisa on the Tanzania Immigration Service portal, you can get your e-Visa quickly instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. All you have to do is apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You have a variety of processing times options in the following list:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: This is the most expensive option available. You can expect to receive your eVisa within 24 hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
When you have COVID-19 Insurance , your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa fee for Finnish passport holders.