Tanzania e-Visa requirements for Tokelauan citizens
Tokelau is one of the countries that can apply for a Tanzanian e-Visa, also known as an electronic travel authorization.
To enter Tanzania, a visa is required, and Tokelauans can apply online for an e-Visa to Tanzania without making prior appointments at the Tanzania Embassy or consulate.
Tanzania's electronic visa allows foreigners visiting the country for tourism, business, or transit to stay for up to three months or one year.
1. Citizens of Tokelau must apply for a Tanzania e-Visa.
Tokelauans must obtain a visa to enter Tanzania. They should be aware, however, that Tanzanian visas come in various forms.
- Tokelauans visiting Tanzania for business should obtain a Tanzania business travel permit, which allows them to stay in the country for three months from the date of arrival with a single entry.
- Single-entry tourist e-visa is valid for 90 days and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 90 days.
- If they intend to visit multiple times during the year, they should apply for a multiple-entry Tourist e-Visa. Tokelauan nationals can stay in Tanzania for up to three months on each trip.
- Tanzania's transit visa, on the other hand, allows the applicant to transit through Tanzania and explore the country for seven days beginning on the date of arrival. Nonetheless, it is necessary to show that Tokelauan travelers purchased a flight to a country other than Tanzania as the trip's final destination.
In any case, Tokelauan visitors should leave Tanzania before their visa expires, as staying in the country with an invalid travel authorization may result in legal consequences.
Tokelauans who wish to stay for more than three months must apply in person at the Immigration Headquarters in Dar es Salaam.
Tanzania visa for Tokelauan citizens
2. Tokelauan citizens require a visa to enter Tanzania.
Tanzania has a lot of wildlife, famous safaris, and beautiful landscapes. Still, Zanzibar, which has gorgeous beaches, is one of the most popular tourist destinations for Africans like Tokelauans and people from other continents.
Although this island is located in Tanzania, it operates as a semi-autonomous region. Tokelauans who wish to visit Tanzania must first obtain an e Visa.
Zanzibar has its own international airport, and tourists from Tokelau and other countries will be asked to show a Tanzania e-Visa and their passports upon arrival. The same is true for Tokelauans planning to arrive in Zanzibar by boat, as the harbor is on Tanzania's coast and requires crossing its borders.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Tokelauan citizens.
As a Tokelauan, you must meet Tanzania's e-Visa entry requirements, which are a very specific and limited set of conditions, terms, and documents that must be submitted.
- To begin, Tokelauan visitors must show a valid Tokelauan passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the date of arrival in Tanzania and has at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scanned copy of passport first page
- A digital photograph of travelers
Depending on the purpose of the trip and the electronic visa chosen, Tanzanian authorities may request additional documentation from Tokelauans (single-entry or multiple-entry permit):
- If you want to apply for a Tourist multiple entries 1 year e-visa, you will need an invitation letter from a tour host as well as his/her ID. A letter of invitation from the organization and a certificate of insurance are required for a Business e-visa.
- Flight tickets are also required to submit for transit and tourist e-visas.
- A tourist multiple-entries visa requires a letter of invitation from the host with his/her ID card.
Tokelauans must also have an active email address because the entire process is communicated via email and the e-Visa is sent as an attached document.
Tokelauan applicants must also have a valid credit or debit card, as the final step is to pay the visa fee. The payment method is extremely secure, requiring only the card number and the CVV number.
Requirements of Tanzania visa for Tokelauan citizens.
4. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Tokelau?
It only takes a few minutes to complete the online application form for an e Visa to Tanzania. Tokelauans must register by providing an email address and following the instructions on the form.
The online form is well suited to a variety of electronic devices, including:
It is strongly advised that Tokelauan applicants have access to the internet and that there are no network outages.
Tokelauan applicants must access the payment platform after entering all of their personal information (full name, date of birth, nationality) and information from their passports. You have two payment options in our system: online (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or direct deposit (Bank of Cyprus transaction).
Following payment of the Tanzania e-Visa fee, Tokelauans will receive the document via email at the email address provided when registering.
Tokelauans should be aware that having a valid e-Visa does not ensure entry into Tanzania. The border control authorities are the most recent to make a decision on whether foreigners can enter the country.
eVisas for Tokelauans to Tanzania are typically approved and sent within three business days. There may be occasions when there is a delay, such as during peak tourist season.
Tokelauan nationals are advised to start their online application process as soon as possible to avoid problems before their departure date.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for Tanzania eVisa from Tokelau.
5. Cost of a Tanzania visa for Tokelauan passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Tokelauan citizens varies depending on the type of visa and number of entries of the applicant's visit. To apply for a Tanzania visa from Tokelau, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: the service cost and the government cost.
Travelers must know that the government fee is non-refundable due to being paid to the Tanzania government to process your e-visa. If the information you have provided is wrong, your application will be rejected, which will cause paying another fee for a new visa registration.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly. You can choose from the following processing times with various processing fees:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Cost of a Tanzania visa for Tokelauan passport holders