Tanzania visa requirements for Cape Verdean citizens
If you are a Cape Verde citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or tourism, you will need a visa to enter the country. Previously, this was a complicated process, but since 2018, the Tanzanian Government has introduced a simple online application form that allows travelers from Cape Verde to apply for a Tanzania visa.
1. Tanzania visa requirements for Cape Verdean citizens.
Cape Verdean citizens must submit supporting documentation covering the eVisa requirements for Tanzania when using the online application form. You must submit a scanned digital version of the following documents:
- A Cape Verde passport that is valid for at least 06 months, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for verification.
- A copy of the passport information page.
- A passport-style photograph of the applicant's face, with a clear face and background.
- An email address to receive the result of Tanzania e Visa application.
You will also be required to submit your return flight ticket to immigration authorities to ensure that you do not exceed the visa's three-month limit. If you want to apply for a Tourist multiple entry 1 year e-visa, you also need to provide an invitation letter from a tour host with his/her ID. For a Business e-visa, an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate of insurance will be required.
The Tanzanian tourist visa is available to Cape Verdean nationals upon arrival, though there may be long lines at the border and the visa fee is variable and must be paid in cash on arrival. The new electronic system is expected to reduce border lines and shorten the transition period for those who have applied for the visa in advance.
Tanzania visa requirements for Cape Verdean citizens.
2. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Cape Verdean citizens.
The online application can be used for any type of Tanzanian visa. It's critical to select the right visa for your needs, depending on why you're traveling and how long you intend to stay:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows Cape Verdean travelers to stay in the country for up to three months for travel, tourism, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa for Cape Verdeans is designed for those who visit the country frequently. This visa is valid for 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for up to three months at a time.
- A transit visa is available for travelers stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 07 days from the arrival date.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working in the country on a temporary basis or for anyone looking to invest in Tanzanian business. The visa's validity period is within 03 months from the date of arrival, with a single entry into the country.
3. How to Apply for a Tanzania e-Visa from Cape Verde?
After ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Cape Verdeans and selecting the appropriate visa type, travelers should fill out the short Tanzania eVisa application online, which only takes a few minutes to complete.
When filling out the form, each applicant must provide the following vital personal and passport information:
- Complete name.
- The date of birth.
- Location of birth.
- Passport number
- The arrival/departure date.
It is critical to double-check that all of the information entered is correct, or else the visa process may be delayed.
All Cape Verdean citizens are also asked to provide a current email address as part of the eVisa application process, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. After the application has been reviewed, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. It is not recommended that applicants book flights or accommodations until they have received confirmation of visa approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
Apply for a Tanzania e-Visa from Cape Verde
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Cape Verdean passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Cape Verdean citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries of the applicant's visit. To apply for a Tanzania visa from Cape Verde, you must pay two (02) types of visa fees: the service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
You can get your e-Visa quickly instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. All you have to do is apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You have a variety of processing times options as the following list:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
You can make the online payment using either electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or via direct deposit (HSBC transaction).
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
When you have COVID-19 Insurance , your experience in Tanzania will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Cost of Tanzania visa for Cape Verdean passport holders.