Tanzania e-Visa requirements for Reunionese citizens
Since 2018, visitors planning to visit Tanzania can apply online for an eVisa or electronic travel authorization. This new system, already in place in many other countries, is intended to simplify the immigration process for foreign citizens who wish to visit Tanzania for tourism, leisure, or short-term medical treatment.
Tanzania's government implemented this new system in order to increase tourism and revenue. The electronic authorization system eliminates the need for paper applications and long lines at the embassy or consulate, making the entire visa application process simple and straightforward. To know more information about the Tanzania visa for Reunionese citizens, let's read the article!
1. Is a visa required for Reunionese citizens to enter Tanzania?
Reunion residents do require a visa to enter Tanzania. They are eligible for the Tanzania eVisa for Reunionese citizens, which allows them to stay in Tanzania for up to 90 days.
In addition to the eVisa, Reunioneses can apply for a visa on arrival in Tanzania. This type of visa has the same conditions as an eVisa, but it is not recommended. To obtain a visa on arrival, travelers may need to stand in long lines at entry points and bring all necessary documentation, with no guarantee that their visa will be approved.
The eVisa process is much smoother because it can be requested online from anywhere worldwide and confirmation is provided prior to travel.
It should be noted that even the eVisa does not allow entry into the country. Tanzania Immigration Authorities have the authority to deny travelers admission; however, this occurs only on rare occasions and in very specific circumstances.
2. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Reunionese citizens.
Except for a few nationals of visa-free countries, all other visitors to Tanzania must apply for a visa. Tanzania visa for Reunionese citizens come in a variety of forms, depending on the length of stay and the purpose of the trip. Here are all of your options:
- Tourist single-entry eVisa: valid for stays of up to 90 days.
- Tourist multiple-entry visa: allowing multiple entries over a 12-month period and a duration of stay is up to 90 days for each trip.
- Business visa: permitting to stay in a 3-month period with a single entry for employment purposes (it requires a work contract).
- Transit visa: allows for up to 7 days of transit in Tanzania. This is a single entry visa.
Tanzania e-Visa for Reunionese citizens.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Reunionese citizens.
When applying for an online visa to Tanzania, visitors must provide a scanned digital copy of these documents. Tanzania visa requirements for Reunionese citizens are as follows:
- A Reunionese passport valid for a period of at least 06 months upon arrival in Tanzania, with at least 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- A digital copy of the passport biographical page
- A photograph of the applicant that was taken within the last 06 months, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- You will also be required to submit your return flight ticket to immigration authorities to ensure that you adhere to the government-mandated three-month visa rule.
- An invitation letter from a tour host with his/her ID is required if you want to apply for a Tourist multiple entries 1-year e-visa.
- For a Business e-visa, an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate of insurance need to be submitted.
Documentation demonstrating their return ticket to Reunion or an onward destination should also be presented to the Immigration officer at the border.
Tanzania visa requirements for Reunionese citizens.
4. How to Apply for Tanzania eVisa from Reunion?
To obtain a Tanzania visa for Reunionese citizens, they must complete the application form, provide all of the previously mentioned documentation, and pay the eVisa fee.
The following information will be required on the application form:
- Personal information: full name, gender, birth date, and country of citizenship
- Passport information includes the country of issue, number
- The trip's specifics are as follows: intended entry date and purpose of the trip
- Valid email address: to receive updates on the status of the eVisa.
Applicants should double-check their information to ensure that it is correct and up to date. Inaccuracies can cause problems, and the eVisa may be denied.
Applicants will receive a confirmation message of the successful submission of the form at the end of the application form, once all of the information has been correctly filled out.
The application is typically processed within 01 to 03 days. Emails will be sent with updates on the status of the eVisa.
When they receive the eVisa confirmation, travelers should print it and keep it with them in case they need to present it at border control. They should also bring the documents requested during the online application process.
Apply for Tanzania eVisa from Reunion.
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Reunionese passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Reunionese citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the processing time chosen. You must pay two (02) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from Reunion: Service Fees and Government Fees.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly. Simply apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You can choose from the following processing time options:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience in Tanzania will be even more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Reunionese passport holders.