Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Cuba - Tanzania Immigration
If you are a Cuban citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or tourism, you must first obtain a visa. Previously, this was a complicated process, but the Tanzanian Government has implemented a simple online application form that allows Cuban citizens to apply for a Tanzania visa from their home country since 2018.
Table of contents:
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Cuban citizens?
Most countries' tourists can now apply for a Tanzania e Visa. The online system expedites and simplifies the visa application process for travelers.
Tanzania's e-Visa application is entirely online. Foreign nationals do not need to make an appointment at the Embassy to complete their application; they can do so from their smartphone or computer.
Travelers can use the information on this page to determine who requires a visa for Tanzania and how to apply online.
With the e-Visa, tourists can stay in Tanzania for up to 03 months.
2. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Cuban citizens.
Any type of Tanzanian visa can be applied for using the electronic application. It's critical to choose the right visa for your needs based on why you're traveling and how long you plan to stay:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows the traveler to stay in the country for up to three months for travel, tourism, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa for Cuban citizens, designed for frequent visitors to the country. This visa is valid for 12 months from the arrival date and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for up to three months at a time.
- A transit visa is available for travelers stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 07 days.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working in the country on a temporary basis or for anyone looking to invest in Tanzanian business. This type of visa is valid for 03 months from the date of entry, allowing Cuban nationals to enter the country once and stay there up to 03 months.
Tanzania e-Visa for Cuban citizens.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Cuban citizens.
When using the online application form, Cuban nationals must submit supporting documentation covering the Tanzania e-Visa requirements. You must submit a digitally scanned version of the following documents:
- When arriving in Tanzania, you must have a Cuban passport that is valid for at least 06 months, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification.
- A copy of the passport information page with the applicant's full name written on it.
- A passport-style photograph of the applicant's face.
- A return flight ticket to ensure that you do not exceed the visa's three-month limit, and other proof of travel back to Cuba or onward to another destination is required.
- For a Tourist multiple entry 1 year e-visa: An invitation letter from the host with his/her ID will be required.
- For a Business e-visa: You need to attach an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate of insurance.
Tanzania visa requirements for Cuban citizens.
4. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Cuba?
After ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Cuban citizens and selecting the correct visa type, travelers should complete the short Tanzania e-Visa application online, which should only take a few minutes.
Each applicant must provide the following vital personal and passport information when filling out the form:
- Complete name.
- The date of birth.
- Location of birth.
- Passport number
- Date of arrival/departure.
It is critical to double-check that all of the information entered is correct, or else the visa process may be delayed.
All Cuban citizens must provide a current email address as part of the e-Visa application process, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. Following the review of the application by the immigration department, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. You should not book your vacation until you have received final confirmation of visa approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Cuba?
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Cuban passport holders.
To apply for a Tanzania visa online for Cuban citizens, you must pay two (02) visa fees: the Service fee and the Government fee.
Tanzania Immigration Services takes pride in its ability to provide high-quality service at a reasonable price. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
The service charge is variable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the list below:
- The standard processing time is 03 business days, and you will receive your e-visa within that time.
- If you select this e-visa type, you will receive your e-visa within 02 working days.
- Super Urgent processing time: the quickest type of e-visa, which can be obtained in as little as 24 hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
The visa fee for Cuban citizens varies depending on the type of visa and length of stay, and can be paid with a credit card when the application is submitted.
The Tanzanian tourist visa is available to Cuban citizens upon arrival, though there may be long lines at the border, and the visa fee varies and must be paid in cash upon arrival. The new electronic system is expected to shorten the transition period for those who have applied for the visa ahead of time. It is hoped that it will also increase the appeal of Tanzania to Cuban citizens traveling for business or pleasure.
Cost of Tanzania visa for Cuban passport holders.