Tanzania visa for Ethiopian passport holder: requirements & fees
- 1. What is Tanzania e-Visa for Ethiopian passport holders?
- 2. Tanzania visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens
- 3. Types of a Tanzania visa for Ethiopian passport holders.
- 4. How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from Ethiopia?
- 5. Tanzania visa fees for the Ethiopian passport holders.
- Useful information:
If you are an Ethiopian citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or tourism, you need a visa before you can enter Tanzania.
So, How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from Ethiopia? This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for Ethiopian passport holders, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. What is Tanzania e-Visa for Ethiopian passport holders?
The Electronic Visa (e-Visa), also known as Visa Online, has emerged as one of the most innovative services in the field of free movement and person-to-person contacts.
Since 2018, the Tanzania Immigration Department has been issuing Tanzania e-visas (e-Visa Tanzania) and enables the entire visa application process to be managed online. The visa application and supporting documents are submitted online, payment is made online, and the application decision is communicated online.
Tanzania e-Visa for Ethiopian passport holders
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens
Ethiopian citizens need to submit supporting documentation covering the Visa requirements for Tanzania to obtain a visa for Tanzania. Tanzania visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens are listed below:
- An Ethiopia passport valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in Tanzania. The passport should contain at least 02 blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer at the border checkpoint. Please keep in mind that this does not include the "Observations" or "Amendments and Endorsements" pages.
- A scan of the passport’s biographical page
- A passport-style digital photo that clearly shows the applicant’s face.
- Flight ticket/return flight ticket: you will be asked to provide your flight booking confirmation to verify your exact period of stay
- An invitation letter and the company COI (for business visa).
- A tour host ID card/passport and an invitation letter from the host (for Tourist visa multiple-entry).
- An email address to receive all the notifications of the visa
Tanzania visa requirements for Ethiopian citizens.
3. Types of a Tanzania visa for Ethiopian passport holders.
There are 4 types of Tanzania electronic visas. It's critical for you to select the right visa for your needs, depending on why you're entering and how long you intend to stay:
- Tanzania Single-entry tourist Visa: This visa allows travelers to stay in the country for up to three months for travel, tourism, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- Tanzania Multiple-entry tourist Visa: A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist Visa is designed for frequent visitors to the country. This e-Visa is valid for 01 year and travelers are allowed to stay in Tanzania for up to 03 months at a time.
- Tanzania Transit Visa: A transit visa is available for travelers stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination and intending to stay in the country for no more than 07 days.
- Tanzania Business Visa: A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working in the country on a temporary basis or for anyone looking to invest in a Tanzanian business. The visa's validity period is 03 months from the arrival date.
4. How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from Ethiopia?
Ethiopian passport holders are NOT ELIGIBLE for e-Visa. Therefore, you are kindly requested to apply for a regular visa at the Tanzania Embassy in Ethiopia .
Applying for Tanzania Visa from Ethiopia consists of 6 steps:
Step 1: Ethiopian citizens need to get a visa for Tanzania by visiting the nearest Tanzania embassy.
Step 2: Fill out the application form for Tanzania Visa for Ethiopian citizens.
Step 3: After filling out the form, submitting the required documents with your passport, making the payment, and submitting your visa application to the Tanzanian embassy.
Step 4: Once your Tanzania visa application has been approved, you will be notified via email.
Step 5: Go to the Tanzanian embassy and pick up your passport.
Step 6: You are now free to travel to Tanzania and stay for as long as your visa permits.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
Apply for a visa to Tanzania from Ethiopia.
5. Tanzania visa fees for the Ethiopian passport holders.
Due to the fact that Ethiopian passport holders are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR e-Visa, the application for a Tanzania visa fee for Ethiopian citizens has only one type of fee, which is a government fee. The visa application fee is paid directly at the Tanzanian embassy in Ethiopia.
Tanzania visa fees for the Ethiopian passport holders.
- Tanzania Immigration Services.
- Tanzania Visa for Indian citizens.
- Tanzania Visa for Irish citizens.
- Tanzania Visa for Pakistani citizens.
- Tanzania Visa for Moroccans.
- Tanzania Visa for German citizens.
Last Update: 04/2023
From April 2023, Ethiopia passport holders are eligible for Tanzania e-visa and they can apply for an e-visa through Tanzania Immigration Services.