Tanzania visa for Indian citizens: Requirements & Fees
Only a few countries are exempt from the requirement of obtaining an online visa to visit Tanzania. The majority of foreign visitors, including Indian citizens, must obtain a Tanzania visa before entering the country. So, How to apply for a visa for Tanzania from India. This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for Indian citizens, as well as the requirements and fees.
Table of contents:
1. What Is a Tanzania e-Visa for Indian Citizens?
On November 26th, 2018, the online Tanzania visa for Indians was launched. Indian nationals can easily obtain a visa to visit the country by completing an online application. Tanzania's e-Visa was introduced with the goal of improving security and speeding up the visa process at border control and immigration.
Tanzania e-Visa for Indian nationals is a digital visa that can be obtained online. Indians can use the e-Visa to travel for tourism, recreation, or to visit family and friends.
The Tanzania e-Visa for Indian citizens has the following advantages :
- Simple online application
- Within a few days, the application was approved.
Tanzania e-Visa for Indian Citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Indian citizens.
To obtain a Tanzania visa online, Indian citizens must meet certain requirements. Before beginning the e-Visa application process, visitors should review the Tanzania visa requirements for Indian citizens.
To complete their visa for Tanzania from India application, visitors from India must provide the following items:
- Indian passport with a validity period of at least six months from the date of arrival in Tanzania
- Digital copy of the passport's biographical page
- Indian applicant's passport-style photograph.
- Digital copy of return/onward ticket
- A valid Credit/debit card to pay the e-Visa processing fee
- Current email address for communication
In addition, Indian nationals need to provide some additional documents if they apply for business/multiple-entry e visa:
- An invitation letter and the company COI (for business e-visa).
- A tour host ID card/passport and an invitation letter from the host (for Tourist e-visa multiple-entry).
Indian citizens whose passports will expire within six months of their arrival date should renew them before applying for the e-Visa. They should also ensure that the passport has at least 02 blank pages for entry and exit stamps from immigration officers.
Indian citizens should have already booked their transportation and accommodations before applying for the Tanzania eVisa. When they fill out the e-Visa application form, they may be asked for this information.
Indian visitors can only enter Tanzania using their e-Visa at the following authorized ports of entry:
- Julius Nyerere - DAR - Dar es Salaam
- Kilimanjaro - JRO - Kilimanjaro
- Mwanza - MWZ - Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume - ZNZ - Zanzibar
Some seaports on the Zanzibar islands also allow e-Visa entries. If Indian tourists plan to arrive by boat, they should check which ones are compatible with the e-Visa
Finally, to complete their visa for Tanzania from India, applicants are advised to apply for their Tanzanian e-Visa using an email address that they frequently use. Updates on the application and the e-Visa approval will be communicated solely via email, so having this information available at all times is advantageous.
Tanzania visa requirements for Indian citizens.
3. Types of Tanzania visas for Indian citizens.
These are four types of Tanzania visas for Indian citizens:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania from India allows the traveler a 3-month consecutive stay from the entry date in Tanzania. Indian visitors can visit Tanzania for a holiday, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa for Indians is intended for frequent visitors to the country. This visa is valid for 12 months from the arrival date and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of three months in a row. To be eligible for this visa, the applicant must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and provide a variety of supporting documentation.
- A transit visa to Tanzania from India is available for travelers who plan to stay for no more than 07 days while transiting to another destination.
- A Tanzania business visa for Indians is available for professionals planning to visit Tanzania in order to invest in Tanzanian businesses. With this type of visa, Indian applicants can stay in Tanzania for 03 months from the day they enter the country.
Types of Tanzania visas for Indian citizens.
4. Online visa application for Tanzania from India.
The Tanzania e-Visa application form is a simple online questionnaire that takes about 10 minutes to complete.
Steps to apply online visa for Tanzania from India:
Step 1: Fill in the following information:
Number of applicants.
Type of Visa:
- Tourist eVisa (Single entry for 90 days)
- Tourist e-Visa (Multiple entries for 1 year)
- Transit e-Visa (valid for 7 days)
- Business e-Visa (Single entry for 90 days)
Transportation Method: Airports, Roads, Vessel
- Normal (Guaranteed within 03 working days)
- Urgent (Guaranteed within 02 working days)
- Super Urgent (Within 01 working day)
Need Extra Service: Covid-19 Insurance .
Step 2: PASSPORT DETAILS
- ID Full Name
- Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Passport Number
- Date of Arrival
- Date of Departure
Step 3: Online payment
For a visa for Tanzania from India, Indian travelers must also pay a processing fee. The payment is made through a secure online system (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC transaction). It is advised that Indian applicants double-check that their credit cards are active and authorized for payment.
Step 4: Confirmation
Indian citizens should double-check that their answers are correct and that the information they provide matches the information on their passports. Any mistakes or spelling errors may cause the evaluation process to be delayed or even result in the rejection of their application.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
Online visa application for Tanzania from India.
5. Tanzania visa fees for Indian citizens
Tanzania Immigration Services is proud of its ability to provide excellent service at a reasonable fee. The fee of your visa is determined by the type of visa you select as well as the processing time you select.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for Indian citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa fees, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
The Government fee is compulsory for Indian nationals since India is not on the exemption list of Tanzania e visa.
For the Service fee, it depends on the processing time you choose.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
What are you waiting for? Please contact us right away to apply for a Tanzanian visa for Indian citizens so that you can have the most amazing trips in this beautiful country.