Tanzania visa for Sri Lankan passport: Requirements and Fees
Tanzania is a country in East Africa that is well-known for its wilderness areas. There are numerous wildlife parks, many of which are home to the "big five." These are elephants, rhinos, lions, leopards, and buffalos.
Tanzania has some well-known wildlife parks, including the "Serengeti National Park" and the "Kilimanjaro National Park," which are home to some of Africa's highest mountain peaks. There is an offshore island that is influenced by Arabic and Mafia, as well as many marine parks that are home to sharks, whales, and coral reefs. This island is known as Zanzibar, a tropical island.
Sri Lankan citizens are required to have a Visa to visit Tanzania. In the following article, Tanzania Immigration Services will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for Sri Lankan passport holders, as well as the requirements and costs involved.
1. Types of a Tanzania visa for Sri Lankan citizens.
- ORDINARY VISA (SINGLE ENTRY VISA): It is a single-entry visa issued to foreign internal tourists. This visa's validity period is limited to 90 days.
- VISA FOR BUSINESS: It is only for business purposes, as the name implies. This visa's validity period is limited to 90 days.
- MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA: This visa is only for foreign nationals who are visiting on a regular basis. The maximum validity of this Visa is 12 months. However, its holders cannot stay in the country for twelve (12) consecutive months. They are required to leave the country at most after every three months.
- TRANSIT VISA: This type of visa is issued to travelers departing from the Republic of Tanzania. The tourist must present proof of their destination visa. This visa permits a duration of stay up to 07 days for transit purposes.
- STUDENT VISA: It is only for students, as the name implies. This may be issued for a single or multiple entries by the visa holder. Students must have a travel document from an internationally recognized society.
- GRATIS VISA: This is another type of student visa that is granted to students who are interns, conducting research, volunteering, or EAC students ( Exchange students ). This visa is only valid for a period of two years.
- Referral Cases: This is a tourist visa that can only be obtained with the approval of the country's high commission or the Commissioner of Immigration (Zanzibar). Few countries are eligible for referral visas.
Tanzania's government advises Sri Lankan citizens not to book flights until they receive clearance from the government.
Types of a Tanzania visa for Sri Lankan citizens.
2. What is a Tanzania e-visa for Sri Lankan passport holders?
The Tanzania eVisa, introduced in November 2018, is an electronic visa that allows eligible foreign citizens to obtain travel authorization solely online.
It eliminates the need to physically visit a Tanzanian diplomatic mission to submit a visa application or to queue upon arrival at the Tanzanian border.
Over 150 nationalities can apply for an eVisa to Tanzania online. Once approved, this electronic visa type allows the holder to visit both Tanzania and Zanzibar for tourism and leisure purposes, as well as to visit family and friends.
The online application for an eVisa is straightforward and can be completed in a matter of minutes with basic information. Once processed, the approved online visa is emailed to the applicant. They should then print a duplicate of their visa before traveling to Tanzania.
The visa and the same passport used for the visa application, should then be presented to Tanzanian immigration control at select points of entry to gain entry to the country.
What is a Tanzania e-visa for Sri Lankan passport holders?
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens.
Tanzania visa policy requires the following documents and information when applying for a Tanzania e-Visa:
- Visa application form: The tourists need to have a completed visa application form.
- Passport photo: The tourist must bring a passport photo that is no more than 6 months old.
- A copy of the passport: The tourist traveling should have a copy of the Sri Lankan passport, which must be clear and show all of the details. Before entering the country, the passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- An email address
Tanzania visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens.
4. How to apply for a Tanzania visa from Sri Lanka?
Sri Lankan passport holders are NOT ELIGIBLEfor e-Visa.You are kindly requested to apply for a visa at the Tanzania Embassy in Sri Lanka.
Applying for Tanzania Visa from Sri Lanka consists of 6 steps:
- Step 1: Sri Lankans need to obtain a visa for Tanzania by visiting the nearest embassy.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form for Tanzania Visa for Sri Lankan citizens.
- Step 3: After filling out the form, submitting the required documents with your passport, making the payment, and submitting the visa application at the Tanzanian embassy.
- Step 4: You will be notified by email once your Tanzania visa application has been approved.
- Step 5: Pick up your visa from the Tanzanian embassy.
- Step 6: You can now travel to Tanzania and stay for as long as your visa allows.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
How to apply for a Tanzania visa from Sri Lankan?
5. Tanzania visa fee for Sri Lankan passport.
Tanzania Immigration Services is proud of its ability to provide high-quality services at a reasonable cost. The fee of your visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
Because Sri Lankan passport holders are NOT ELIGIBLE for e-Visa, the application for a Tanzania visa fee for Sri Lankan citizens has only one type of fee, which is a government fee and the visa application is done directly at the Tanzanian embassy in Sri Lanka.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.