Tanzania visa for UK (British) citizens: Requirements and Cost
- 1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for British citizens?
- 2. Tanzania visa requirements for UK citizens.
- 3. British passport requirements for the Tanzania e-Visa.
- 4. Types of visa to Tanzania from UK.
- 5. Tanzania visa application in the UK - Applying for a visa to Tanzania from UK.
- 6. Tanzania visa cost for UK citizens.
- Useful information:
Tanzania is a country in East Africa, recognized for its huge wilderness regions with multi-animal as a mecca populated by the "big five" game (elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino). Most nationalities visiting Tanzania, including the United Kingdom, must apply for a visa. How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from the UK? This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for UK citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for British citizens?
Tanzania Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is an online tourist visa available to holders of British passports on arrival in Tanzania.
Applying for a visa to Tanzania from UK remotely via the internet is seen as a significant improvement over the previous method of physically going to a Tanzanian diplomatic mission to file the paperwork.
UK citizens planning a vacation in mainland Tanzania or Zanzibar can take advantage of the many benefits provided by this digital visa:
- Applying for a visa to Tanzania from UK online that is quick and easy to use
- Within a few business days, the transaction was completed.
- There is no need to visit an embassy
- Visa can be received at home via Email
- The e-Visa has many types with the validity from 7 days to 1 year.
Tanzania visa for UK citizens
2. Tanzania visa requirements for UK citizens.
Tanzania, like many other countries, has a few basic visa requirements for UK citizens. To apply for an e-Visa to Tanzania from UK, The traveler from the UK must submit some required documents in order to make a complete application:
- A valid UK passport (British citizen) with at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Tanzania
- A digital image (scan) of the British passport's a bio page
- Email address which you will be received the confirmation letter
- Have a payment with the online processing fee
- The British visitor's most recent passport-sized photograph
- Return/onward flight confirmation.
- Invitation letter + COI (if business visa)
- A host ID card/passport and a letter from the host (if tourist with multiple entries)
3. British passport requirements for the Tanzania e-Visa.
The British passport must be valid for at least six months from the intended date of arrival in Tanzania.
It should also include a single blank page for stamps at the entry and exit points.
The Tanzania e-Visa is a one-time entry permit that cannot be transferred to another travel document. As a result, British visitors can only enter Tanzania and Zanzibar using the passport linked to their Tanzania e-Visa.
UK citizens who have a passport that is about to expire must renew it before applying. Similarly, dual nationals must apply for an e-Visa using the same passport they intend to use to enter the country.
4. Types of visa to Tanzania from UK.
British visitors to Tanzania must apply for the appropriate visa based on their purpose for visiting the country. Types of Tanzania visas for UK citizens:
- Tanzania tourist e-visa (single-entry): A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows the traveler to stay in the country for up to three months for the purpose of tourism and leisure, short-term health treatment, or any other activity permitted by Tanzanian law.
- Tanzania tourist e-visa (multiple-entry): A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa is designed for those who need to visit Tanzania on a regular basis. This visa is valid for a maximum of 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for up to three months at a time. To be eligible for this visa, the applicant must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and provide a variety of supporting documentation.
- Tanzania transit e-visa: A transit visa is available for travelers who want to stay in Tanzania on their way to another country for no more than 7 days.
- Tanzania business e-visa: A Tanzania business visa is issued to UK passport holders who are visiting the country in their professional capacity or conducting business and allows for a stay of 90 consecutive days with a single entry.
5. Tanzania visa application in the UK - Applying for a visa to Tanzania from UK.
After ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for UK passport holders and selecting the appropriate visa, British travelers must fill out a brief Tanzania e-Visa application form, which should only take a few minutes.
The form requests important personal and passport information, such as the applicant's full name, date and place of birth, and passport number, as well as information about the applicant's travel plans in Tanzania. Check that you have entered correct and up-to-date information, or you may face delays in receiving your visa.
All UK citizens are also asked to provide a current email address as part of the e-Visa application process, where confirmation that the application has been received will be sent. After the Ministry of Home Affairs has reviewed the application, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. It is not recommended that applicants book flights or accommodations until they have received confirmation of visa approval.
Please keep in mind that having a visa does not guarantee you the right to enter Tanzania, and the immigration officer will make the final decision at the border. As a result, applicants for the Tanzania visa for UK passport holders should bring any necessary supporting documents with them when they pass through Tanzania immigration control.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
6. Tanzania visa cost for UK citizens.
Tanzania Immigration Services is proud of its ability to provide excellent service at a reasonable cost. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa you select as well as the processing time you select. To apply for a Tanzania visa for US citizens online, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees
Here are your choices:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: A Tanzania standard e-Visa takes 3 days to process.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 2 days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be ready in less than 24 hours.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
To have a Tanzania visa for UK citizens whenever you like it. You do not have to go far from home; just open your laptop/smartphone and complete your application form. Not much time for it. Apply now and we will help you have an amazing experience on your trip.
- Tanzania Immigration Services
- Tanzania Visa for Indian citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Irish citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Pakistani citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Russian citizens
- Tanzania Visa for South African citizens
Tanzania Visa Requirements for United Kingdom Citizens FAQs
Yes. UK passport holders need a visa to enter Tanzania since the Tanzanian government has kept the UK on the list of countries with visa requirements. The Government of Tanzania developed Tanzania's e-visa system in 2018, allowing nationals of 150 qualifying countries to apply for a visa from the convenience of their homes. The only requirements for applicants are to complete the application form online home, submit us both the necessary paperwork, and pay the visa fee. Then, a PDF version of their Tanzanian visa will be sent to them through email. You'll notice that the entire process is completed online, minimizing the need to visit an Embassy or Consulate to apply for a visa as was previously required.
These types of e-visa is good for leisure and tourism-related activities like trips to Tanzania or Zanzibar or occasional visits to relatives and friends. A Transit visa is also available for travelers who want to pass through Tanzania headed straight to another nation. For UK citizens, there are four main types of eVisas for Tanzania: transit eVisas, business eVisas, and tourist eVisas with single or multiple entries. Each has a distinct function and a set duration of stay, so UK citizens should select the one that best fits their travel objectives. They are permitted a three-month stay in Tanzania with an eVisa.
The Tanzania e-visa system was introduced by the United Republic of Tanzania in November 2018 in an effort to streamline the visa application process and lessen the volume of visa requests received at the Embassy. The Tanzania Immigration Service website now accepts eVisa applications from UK citizens who meet the country's visa requirements. The application form can be finished in under 15 minutes for UK applicants. They should complete the online application form, which just requires three easy steps: entering the required information, completing the visa fee, and submitting us all the accompanying documentation.
The ability to select the processing time for their application is a huge perk for customers of Tanzania Immigration Services. The precise email address that the UK citizen has access to must be provided because it is where the eVisa will be issued after it has been approved. Tanzania Immigration Services currently provides three options for visa processing times so that UK citizens can select the one that best fits their requirements and financial constraints.
- Usually: used in most cases when visa applications are processed within 03 working days. This service is suitable for applicants who have enough time to prepare.
- Urgent: This service is for UK travelers if they have little time for all the processes. Within 48 hours they can get the Tanzania e-Visa.
- Super Urgent: The e-visa for UK citizens will arrive in 24 working hours.
UK passport holders require a visa to enter Tanzania because the Tanzanian government has not excluded the UK from the list of countries exempt from visa requirements. UK citizens traveling to Tanzania for leisure, business, or transit should submit an application for a Tanzania eVisa. The Government of Tanzania developed Tanzania's e-visa system in 2018, enabling nationals of eligible countries to apply for a visa from the convenience of their home. The entire procedure takes place online as instead of the traditional method of obtaining a visa at the Embassy or Consulate.
Tanzania Immigration Services provides four types of electronic visas for UK tourists, each having a predetermined stay period:
- Holders of a Tanzania tourist visa (single entry) are permitted to stay in Tanzania for a period of three months beginning on the day of arrival.
- Tanzania Tourist Visa (Multiple Entry): Visitors from the United Kingdom who visit Tanzania on a regular basis are eligible for a multiple entry tourist visa. Tourists from the UK are permitted to enter Tanzania numerous times throughout the year that it is valid and remain there for up to three consecutive months with this visa.
- Tanzania Transit Visa: The Tanzania transit visa is granted to UK residents who intend to transit through Tanzania and stay there for a brief period of up to seven days.
- Tanzania Business Visa: The Tanzania Business Visa is for businesspeople who intend to travel to Tanzania in order to make investments in Tanzanian companies. With this visa, you can stay for up to 90 days after your arrival.
Yes. A yellow fever vaccination certificate is necessary for visitors to the UK who are 1 years of age or older and are arriving from nations where there is a danger of spreading the disease, as well as for visitors who have transited through a nation's airport for more than 12 hours.
UK citizens can easily and quickly obtain a visa for Tanzania thanks to the implementation of Tanzania's electronic visa system. The Tanzania Immigration Services website now allows British citizens to apply for a Tanzania eVisa electronically, doing away with the need to go in person to an embassy or consulate to acquire a visa. They spend roughly 15 minutes filling out the application form. British tourists should research Tanzania's visa requirements before visiting this amazing nation.
Tanzania has some standard visa requirements for nationals of the United Kingdom, like many other nations. Visitors from the UK must present the following papers in order to submit a full application for an e-Visa to Tanzania:
- A British passport that is currently valid and has at least six months remaining after the date of your arrival in Tanzania
- Scanned version of the UK passport's profile page
- The email address used to send the confirmation message
- With online processing fees, payment method is required
- A British visitor's most recent passport-size photo
- Return or onward flight confirmed.
- COI and an invitation letter (if it is a business visa)
- Host letter, passport, and ID (if traveler has multiple entries)
Many of the dangers that travelers confront cannot be avoided by delays or other risks involved
Always be aware of the greater dangers at your destination and take precautions. Remember to get travel insurance before leaving the country to prevent unexpected events.
Learn more about what you should know before traveling to Tanzania here.
For British citizens traveling to Tanzania with a passport, the Tanzania Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is available online.
The process of applying for a visa to Tanzania remotely over the internet is thought to be a big improvement over the previous one, which required visitors to physically submit their documents at the Tanzanian diplomatic presence.
Several conditions for UK citizens need to be satisfied before they can apply for a Tanzania visa from the UK in order to travel, visit relatives, do business, or transit. Citizens of the United Kingdom are required to have:
- You must arrive in Tanzania with a current UK passport that has at least six months left on its validity.
- A digital photo in the format of a passport.
- You will be required to present your flight reservation confirmation in order to verify your exact duration of stay.
- Company's letter of invitation and COI (for business e-visa).
- Identity card or passport and a letter of invitation from the tour operator (for multiple entry by tourist visa).
Please print a paper copy of your visa when it arrives, and carry it with you to the Tanzanian border together with the passport you used to apply for it. Immigration officers at border entrance points have the final decision on who is allowed to enter Tanzania, therefore entry is not guaranteed. Therefore, it's important to ensure that visitors have all the required documentation when going through Tanzania's immigration control area.