Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens: Requirements and Costs
In order to enter Tanzania, all Chinese nationals must apply for a visa. Now, You can Apply for a Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens online (e-Visa) through our website.
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Chinese citizens?
Tanzanian e-Visa was launched in 2018 to make it easier for foreign visitors, including Chinese passport holders, to obtain the necessary travel permit.
In contrast to traditional visas, there is no need to waste time traveling to a Tanzanian diplomatic mission to deal with paperwork. Chinese nationals only need an internet-connected device to apply for an e-Visa.
Visitors from China will then receive their e-Visas in a matter of days, allowing them to enter Tanzania quickly.
Tanzania e-Visa for Chinese citizens is a tourist visa that can be obtained through a simple online application.
Tanzanian visa policy states that nationals of the People's Republic of China (PRC) can take advantage of the benefits of the e-Visa, such as the quick and easy application process.
The Tanzania e-Visa is ideal for Chinese passport holders visiting Tanzania and Zanzibar for short tourism stays.
Chinese tourists can use an e visa on both the Tanzanian mainland and the Zanzibar islands.
Tanzania e-Visa for Chinese citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Chinese citizens.
For Chinese citizens, applicants must simply meet a few basic Tanzania e-Visa requirements.
- A Chinese passport is required (issued by the PRC). The passport must be valid at least 06 months from the day Chinese citizens enter the country. In addition, there must be at least 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- Chinese applicant's most recent passport-style photo.
- Copies of the biographical pages of the Chinese passport.
- A return flight ticket
- An invitation letter and the company COI (for business e-visa).
- A tour host ID card/passport and an invitation letter from the host (for Tourist e-visa multiple-entry).
- A valid bank card to pay the e-Visa processing fee
- Frequently used email addresses for e-Visa requests.
Chinese applicants may be asked to provide proof of their hotel reservations and travel tickets to ensure that their visit complies with the visa's validity.
Chinese visitors should apply for an e-Visa using an email address they regularly use. This account will receive all communications regarding the e-Visa application. They must have their bank card activated for online transactions.
Tanzania visa requirements for Chinese citizens.
3. Types of Tanzania visas for Chinese citizens.
Traveling to Tanzania requires Chinese citizens to meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Chinese passport holders. These requirements vary depending on the type of visa required. Most visitors to Tanzania apply for a tourist visa, but those traveling for work or study will have different requirements. The following visas are available:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows the traveler a 3-month consecutive stay in the country for the purposes of tourism, travel, leisure, or short-term health treatment. With this type of visa, Chinese citizens can enter Tanzania once within 03 months from the arrival date.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa is intended for those traveling for tourism and leisure, visiting friends and family in Tanzania, or participating in a cultural exchange. The visa is valid for up to 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of three months at a time. Applicants for this visa must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and must submit their invitation letter.
- A Tanzania transit visa is intended for travelers passing through the country on their way to their final destination and intending to stay for no more than 07 days.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals planning to visit Tanzania in order to invest in Tanzanian businesses. Chinese applicants are allowed to enter the country once and have a stay within 03 months from the day they arrive in Tanzania.
Types of Tanzania visas for Chinese citizens.
4. How to apply for a Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens online?
After ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Chinese citizens and selecting the appropriate visa type, Chinese visitors should fill out the short Tanzania e-Visa application online, which takes only a few minutes to complete.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens, Chinese applicants must provide the following personal and passport information when filling out the form:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Place of birth.
- Passport Number.
- Date of Arrival.
- Date of Departure.
It is critical to double-check that all of the information entered is correct, or else the visa process may be delayed.
Before submitting the form, applicants must pay the Tanzanian visa fee for Chinese citizens, which can be paid online with a credit card. Tanzanian immigration will review the application, and final approval or denial of the visa will be confirmed via email, so it is critical to include an up-to-date email address with the application.
It should be noted that obtaining a Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens does not guarantee that the holder will be admitted to Tanzania. Immigration officials make the final decision at passport control, so visa holders should bring all necessary supporting documentation with them as a precaution.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
How to apply for a Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens online?
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens.
Tanzania Immigration Services takes great pride in its ability to provide excellent service at a reasonable fee. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for Chinese citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa costs, which are called Service Cost and Government Cost.
Chinese applicants need to pay the Government Fee since China is not on the exemption list of Tanzania e visa.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Regarding the Service fee, Tanzania Immigration Services offers you 03 choices based on the processing time:
Tanzania Standard service: A Tanzania standard e-Visa is processed within three business days.
Tanzania Urgent service: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 48 hours.
Tanzania Super urgent service: The application will be completed within 24 business hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
Method of payment:
You have two options for paying bay: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or wire transfer (HSBC transaction).
FAQS about Tanzania e visa for Chinese citizens:
Do Chinese nationals require a visa for Tanzania?
Yes, nationals of the People's Republic of China require a Tanzania visa to enter the country.
Applying for a tourist visa online is the quickest and easiest approach. The Tanzania eVisa for Chinese nationals allows you to remain for up to 30 days on vacation.
Chinese passport holders who wish to stay in Tanzania for more than a month or who are considering migrating for a longer permanent residency should be aware that the Tanzania eVisa does not cover these activities. In such cases, they should seek clarification from the Tanzanian embassy in Beijing.
How much is the eVisa for Tanzania for Chinese travelers?
Chinese travelers must pay a nominal processing cost for their e-Visa application. Most foreign debit and credit cards are accepted, and payments are made using a secure online system.
How to travel to Tanzania from China?
Chinese citizens with a valid eVisa may travel to Tanzania. They must arrive at one of the ports of entry listed below:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport
- Namanga Border Crossing
- Tunduma Border Crossing
Chinese travellers can also access the Zanzibar islands via permitted seaports from mainland Tanzania.
For eVisa holders, Chinese citizens must proceed directly to passport control and present their passports, along with the eVisa and grant notices, for examination.