How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Denmark
Tanzania's Government has launched a new e-Visa application scheme to make visa applications more accessible to international visitors to the country. It aims to improve border security and increase the number of foreign visitors planning to visit Tanzania for tourism and business. In addition, by making the visa application process simpler and faster, it helps save both time and money for the applicants.
Danish citizens are among those on the list of nationalities eligible to apply for the Tanzanian e-Visa. It is possible to apply for it online prior to travel, eliminating the need to visit an embassy. Travelers at the border can still obtain a visa on arrival; however, long lines are common, especially during peak hours, and visa fees vary per person and can only be paid in cash.
Table of contents:
1. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Danish citizens.
Danish citizens who wish to visit Tanzania must first determine the type of visa that they require.
The following visas are available to visitors to Tanzania:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows the traveler to stay in the country for up to 90 days for travel, tourism, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa for Danish citizens is intended for frequent visitors to the country. This visa is valid for 12 months from the arrival date and allows Danish travelers to stay in Tanzania for up to three months at a time.
- A transit visa is available for travelers stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 07 days. This is a single entry visa.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working temporarily in the country or anyone planning to invest in Tanzanian businesses. The visa's validity is 03 months from the arrival date, allowing Danish citizens to enter the country once.
Tanzania e-Visa for Danish citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Danish citizens.
When applying for an online visa to Tanzania, visitors must provide a scanned digital copy of these documents. Tanzania visa requirements for Danish citizens are as follows:
- A Danish passport valid for a period of at least 06 months upon arrival in Tanzania, with at least 02 blank pages for verification stamps.
- A digital copy of the passport biographical page
- A photograph of the applicant that was taken within the last 06 months, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- You will also be required to submit your return flight ticket to immigration authorities to ensure that you adhere to the government-mandated three-month visa rule.
- An invitation letter from a tour host with his/her ID is required if you want to apply for a Tourist multiple entry 1 year e-visa.
- For a Business e-visa, an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate of insurance need to be submitted.
Documentation demonstrating their return ticket to Denmark or an onward destination should also be presented to the Immigration officer at the border.
Tanzania visa requirements for Danish citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania eVisa from Denmark?
Travelers will need to provide some personal and passport information when completing the simple Tanzania e-Visa application online for Danish citizens, which will only take a few minutes to complete.
To proceed with the visa application, applicants must provide their full name, date, and place of birth, travel document number, and a working email address. An email will be sent to the provided address to confirm receipt of the application. Once Tanzania Immigration officials have made their final decision, another message will be sent indicating whether the visa has been approved or denied.
To avoid delays in receiving the visa, it is requested that every applicant double-check the information entered before submitting the application. Applicants must pay the Tanzanian e-Visa for Danish citizens fee, which varies depending on the type of visa. When applying for an online visa, credit and debit cards are accepted as payment methods.
Apply for Tanzania eVisa from Denmark.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Danish passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Danish varies depending on the type of visa and the processing time chosen. You must pay two (02) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from Denmark: the service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly. Simply apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You can choose from the following processing time options:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
When you have COVID-19 Insurance , your traveling experience in Tanzania will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Danish passport holders.