Tanzania visa (e-Visa) fees - Global Immigration Services
There are two fees that you will have to pay – our service fee and Tanzania Government fee.
In addition, we recommend that you should buy Covid-19 Insurance. With the fee of US$ 299 per application, you will be insured against many risks, especially the Covid pandemic, when you are not in your home country. We also note that this is an optional, you can consider depending on your situation.
1. Our service fee
You can now apply for an e-Visa to visit the United Republic of Tanzania (both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar).Our service fee is the amount you have to pay in advance for our service, which includes giving you advice about the Tanzania e-Visa, providing the documents you need, checking your application, and giving you the result of your application. We will collect your e-Visa from the Tanzania Government and send it for you to print out before you arrive in Tanzania.
Then you will get visa stamped at Tanzania’s entry points when arriving, which include three international airports:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport - DAR - Dar es Salaam
- Kilimanjaro International Airport - JRO - Kilimanjaro
- Mwanza International Airport - MWZ - Mwanza
and checkpoints in Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.
In case, you arrive in Zanzibar, there are two entry points which are:
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport - ZNZ - Unguja Island
- Zanzibar Seaport
The service fee depends on the number of people your application covers and how quickly you need the visa.
The table below shows the service for application.
|Visa types||Service fee/person (US Dollar)|
|1 person||2 people||3-5 people||6-9 people||10 or more people|
|e-Visa||US$ 69||US$ 67||US$ 65||US$ 62||US$ 55||Plus US$ 79||Plus US$ 99|
- Normal: For those who would like to get e-Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: For those who would like to get e-Visa within 2 business days.
- Super Urgent: For those who would like to get e-Visa within 1 business day.
2. Tanzania E-visa Government and admin fee
The government fee is the amount you have to pay for the Tanzania Immigration Department to provide your visa. This is the obligation fee for applicants who wish to apply for e-Visa.
Any changes after paying The Government and admin fee will be charged as a new application.
Tanzania visa (e-Visa) fees for Business, Transit and Tourists:
|Type of visa||Government & admin fee(US$)|
|Tourist e-Visa (Single entry for 90 days)||US$ 95|
|Tourist e-Visa (Multiple entry for 1 year)||US$ 145|
|Transit e-Visa (valid for 7 days)||US$ 75|
|Business e-Visa (Single entry for 90 days)||US$ 295|
Notes about e-Visas:
- Valid passport not less than 6 months.
- The passport should have at least one blank page for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- American citizens who wish to visit Tanzania for tourism or holiday purposes MUST apply a Tourist e-Visa (Multiple entry for 1 year) as they are not entitled to apply a Tourist e-Visa (Single entry). However, they are not allowed to stay in the country for twelve (12) consecutive months and are required to leave every three months.