Tanzania visa for German citizens - Tanzania visa from Germany
If you are a German citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or tourism, you must obtain a visa before entering the country. Previously, this was a complicated process, but since 2018, the Tanzanian government has implemented a simple online application form that allows travelers to apply for a Tanzania visa from their home country. How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from Germany? This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens, as well as the requirements and fees.
Table of contents:
1. Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens.
German travelers who intend to travel abroad should review the Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens. The following are the main requirements for applying for a visa Tanzania from Germany:
- German passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Tanzania. A digital copy (scan) of the passport's bio page is required.
- A passport-style photo.
- Return/onward flight confirmation.
- To pay the e-Visa processing fee, you have three methods: credit/debit card; American Express or PayPal.
- Email address.
Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens
2. Types of Tanzania visas for German citizens.
The electronic visa (e-Visa) can be used for any type of Tanzanian visa. It's critical to select the right visa for your needs, depending on why you're traveling and how long you intend to stay. The following is types of Tanzania visas for German citizens:
- Tourist e-Visa (single entry): The traveler can stay a maximum of 3 consecutive months from the arrival date for a single entry.
- Tourist e-Visa (multiple entries): This visa is valid for 12 months, the traveler can access no limit but the holder cannot stay in the country for twelve (12) consecutive months and have a period of every 3 months.
- Tanzania business e-Visa: A Tanzania business visa, available for professionals working in the country temporarily or anyone planning to invest in Tanzanian enterprise. The validity of this visa is for 90 days with a single entry.
- Tanzania Transit e-Visa: A Tanzania transit visa is available for travelers stopping in the country on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 7 days.
Visa to Tanzania from Germany
3. How to apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens online.
After ensuring that you meet the Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens and selecting the appropriate visa type, German travelers can easily apply for a Tanzania Visa for German citizens through an online process, which takes only a few minutes.
Personal information such as the following will be required of applicants for a visa to Tanzania from Germany:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Country of residence.
- Email address.
- Passport number.
German applicants should double-check their responses before submitting them. Errors, inconsistencies, or typos may cause delays in their applicants for a Tanzania visa for German citizens or a denial.
Germans must also pay a fee in order for their Tanzanian e-Visa application to be processed. Payment is made through a secure online system, and most international debit/credit cards and Paypal cards are accepted.
As part of the e-Visa application process, all German citizens must provide a current email address, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. After the immigration department has reviewed the application, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. It is not recommended that you book your vacation until you have received final confirmation of visa approval.
Applicants whose visa applications have been approved are at present required to enter the United Republic of Tanzania through the five specified Entry Points, which are:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA);
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA);
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA);
- Namanga border;
- Tunduma border.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
4. Tanzania visa Fee For German Citizens.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees
The service charge is customizable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the following list:
- Normal: When selecting this service option, you will obtain your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: You will receive an e-visa in two working days if you choose this e-visa type.
- Super urgent: the quickest sort of e-visa, which you can get in one working day.
- The total price will depend on the type of e-Visa and also how soon you want it. Keep in mind that both those factors influence your bill.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time
For your amazing trip, we suggest you have COVID-19 Insurance for your benefit and risk
As you can see, obtaining a Visa to Tanzania from Germany has never been easier. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from home at any time of day or night, with no hassle. It doesn't get much better than that. What are you waiting for, apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens now.