Tanzania visa for German citizens - Tanzania visa from Germany
If you are a German citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or tourism, you must obtain a visa before entering the country. Previously, this was a complicated process, but since 2018, the Tanzanian government has implemented a simple online application form that allows travelers to apply for a Tanzania visa from their home country. How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from Germany? This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens, as well as the requirements and fees.
1. Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens.
German travelers who intend to travel abroad should review the Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens. The following are the main requirements for applying for a visa Tanzania from Germany:
- German passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Tanzania. A digital copy (scan) of the passport's bio page is required.
- A passport-style photo.
- Return/onward flight confirmation.
- To pay the e-Visa processing fee, you have three methods: credit/debit card; American Express or PayPal.
- Email address.
Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens
2. Types of Tanzania visas for German citizens.
The electronic visa (e-Visa) can be used for any type of Tanzanian visa. It's critical to select the right visa for your needs, depending on why you're traveling and how long you intend to stay. The following is types of Tanzania visas for German citizens:
- Tourist e-Visa (single entry): The traveler can stay a maximum of 3 consecutive months from the arrival date for a single entry.
- Tourist e-Visa (multiple entries): This visa is valid for 12 months, the traveler can access no limit but the holder cannot stay in the country for twelve (12) consecutive months and have a period of every 3 months.
- Tanzania business e-Visa: A Tanzania business visa, available for professionals working in the country temporarily or anyone planning to invest in Tanzanian enterprise. The validity of this visa is for 90 days with a single entry.
- Tanzania Transit e-Visa: A Tanzania transit visa is available for travelers stopping in the country on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 7 days.
Visa to Tanzania from Germany
3. How to apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens online.
After ensuring that you meet the Tanzania visa requirements for German citizens and selecting the appropriate visa type, German travelers can easily apply for a Tanzania Visa for German citizens through an online process, which takes only a few minutes.
Personal information such as the following will be required of applicants for a visa to Tanzania from Germany:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Country of residence.
- Email address.
- Passport number.
German applicants should double-check their responses before submitting them. Errors, inconsistencies, or typos may cause delays in their applicants for a Tanzania visa for German citizens or a denial.
Germans must also pay a fee in order for their Tanzanian e-Visa application to be processed. Payment is made through a secure online system, and most international debit/credit cards and Paypal cards are accepted.
As part of the e-Visa application process, all German citizens must provide a current email address, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. After the immigration department has reviewed the application, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. It is not recommended that you book your vacation until you have received final confirmation of visa approval.
Applicants whose visa applications have been approved are at present required to enter the United Republic of Tanzania through the five specified Entry Points, which are:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA);
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA);
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA);
- Namanga border;
- Tunduma border.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
4. Tanzania visa Fee For German Citizens.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees
The service charge is customizable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the following list:
- Normal: When selecting this service option, you will obtain your e-visa within three business days.
- Urgent: You will receive an e-visa in two working days if you choose this e-visa type.
- Super urgent: the quickest sort of e-visa, which you can get in one working day.
- The total price will depend on the type of e-Visa and also how soon you want it. Keep in mind that both those factors influence your bill.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time
For your amazing trip, we suggest you have Tanzania travel Insurance for your benefit and risk
As you can see, obtaining a Visa to Tanzania from Germany has never been easier. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from home at any time of day or night, with no hassle. It doesn't get much better than that. What are you waiting for, apply for a Tanzania visa for German citizens now.
- Tanzania Immigration Services
- Tanzania Visa for Indian citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Irish citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Pakistani citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Russian citizens
- Tanzania Visa for South African citizens
Tanzania Visa Requirements for Germany Citizens FAQs
Yes. The Tanzania Government has not excluded Germany from the visa exemption list, so German passport holders are required to apply for a visa to visit Tanzania. If you are a German citizen traveling to Tanzania for tourism, business, or simply transit, you should apply for a Tanzania eVisa. Tanzania's electronic visa system was established by the Tanzania Government in 2018, allowing citizens of eligible countries to apply for a visa from the comfort of their homes. All the applicants have to do is fill in the application form, send us the required documents, and pay the visa fee. After that, they will receive their visa for Tanzania via email in PDF format. As you can see, the entire process is online, removing the need to visit the Embassy or the Consulate to get a visa as before.
There are 04 types of Tanzania eVisa available to German citizens:
- Tanzania Tourist visa (single entry) & Tanzania Tourist visa (multiple entries): These visas are granted to travelers who wish to explore the alluring beauty of Tanzania’s attractions, go on a holiday, or visit their relatives.
- Tanzania Transit visa: designated to travelers transiting through Tanzania en route to other countries.
- Tanzania Business visa: German nationals participating in business activities in Tanzania should apply for this type of visa.
In order to obtain a Tanzania eVisa, German passport holders are required to pay: the Government fee and the visa service fee. The Government fee is the amount an applicant pays to the Tanzania Government for them to issue a visa. This is a mandatory fee for applicants who want to obtain a Tanzania eVisa. Each type of Tanzania eVisas has a different Government fee.
The visa service fee varies depending on the type of visa service German citizens choose. Tanzania Immigration Services provides customers with 03 types of visa services, each with its own cost and processing time:
- Normal: When German visitors have enough time to prepare their documents and wait for the eVisa. The eVisa is guaranteed to be sent to the applicant’s email address within 03 business days. The price for this service is $69 per applicant.
- Urgent: With this option, German travelers can expect their visa application to be processed within 48 hours. There is an additional charge of $79 for this service.
- Super Urgent: It is suitable for applicants who need their visas in a matter of hours. This excellent service allows German nationals to get their visas in 24 hours. As a result, they have to pay an extra fee of $99 to use this service.
German passport holders who meet the Tanzania visa requirements can now apply for an eVisa on the Tanzania Immigration Services website. They should follow the online application form that involves 03 simple steps: enter the necessary information, pay the visa fees, and send us supporting documents. It only takes 15 minutes for German applicants to complete the application form. Additionally, they can track their Tanzania eVisa application progress here.
A great benefit of Tanzania Immigration Services’ customers is that they can choose the processing time for their applications. It is vital that Germans provide an accurate email that they have access to because the eVisa will be sent to their email address once it has been processed. Currently, Tanzania Immigration Services offers German citizens 03 visa processing time options, so they can choose the one that best suits their needs and budget.
- Normal: used in most cases when the visa application is processed within 03 business days. This service is suitable for applicants who have sufficient time for preparation.
- Urgent: This service is available to Germans if they have little time for all processes. Within 48 hours, they can obtain a Tanzania eVisa.
- Super Urgent: An eVisa for German citizens arrives in 24 business hours.
The Tanzania Government established the electronic visa system to speed the visa application process, which helps applicants save both time and cost. German is eligible for a Tanzania electronic visa so that they can apply online. Each type of Tanzania eVisas has a different validity period:
- Tanzania Tourist visa (single entry): German citizens traveling to Tanzania to enjoy the astonishing natural landscapes or visit their relatives in the country should apply for this visa. It is valid for 03 months from the arrival date.
- Tanzania Tourist visa (multiple-entry): Germans who travel to Tanzania frequently are eligible for a multiple-entry tourist visa. This visa allows German travelers to enter Tanzania multiple times within a year of its validity and stay there for a maximum of three months in a row.
- Tanzania Transit visa: is valid for 07 days from the entry date. German citizens wishing to transit through Tanzania should apply for this visa. A transit eVisa also permits them to stay in Tanzania and explore the country for up to 07 days.
- Tanzania Business visa: German passport holders participating in business activities in Tanzania are required to obtain this type. It has a validity of 03 months from the arrival date with a single entry.