Tanzania e-Visa requirements for Peruvian citizens
You have to obtain a visa if you are a Peruvian citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or pleasure. This was a difficult process in the past, but in 2018, the Tanzanian government implemented a simple online application form, allowing visitors from Peru to apply for a Tanzania e-Visa for Peruvian citizens from their home country.
Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Peruvian citizens
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Peruvian citizens?
Most countries' tourists can now apply for a Tanzania e-Visa. The online system expedited and simplified the visa application process for travelers.
Tanzania's e-Visa system is entirely electronic. Foreign nationals are not required to make an appointment with the embassy in order to complete their application; they can do so using their smartphone or computer.
The information in this article can help travelers determine who needs a visa for Tanzania and how to apply online.
2. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Peruvian citizens.
Any type of Tanzanian visa for Peruvian citizens can be applied for using the electronic application. It is critical that you choose the correct visa for your needs based on the purpose of your trip and the length of time you intend to stay:
- A Tanzanian tourist visa with a single entry allows the travelers to stay in the country for up to 3 months for travel, tourism, short-term medical treatment, or other activities allowed by Tanzanian law.
- A Tanzania tourist visa with multiple entries for Peruvian citizens who visit the country frequently. This e-Visa is valid for 01 year and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a period of every 03 months..
- A transit visa is available for visitors stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination who plan to stay for no more than 7 days.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working temporarily in the country or for anyone looking to invest in Tanzanian business. The validity period of the visa is 3 months from the arrival date.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Peruvian citizens.
Peruvian nationals have to submit supporting documentation for the Tanzania e-Visa requirements when using the online application form. The following documents of Tanzanian e-Visa for Peruvian citizens must be scanned and digitally submitted:
- Original passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the intended arrival date and has at least 02 blank pages for visa stamping.
- A passport-style digital photo that clearly shows the applicant’s face.
- Flight ticket/return flight ticket: You will be asked to provide your flight booking confirmation to verify your exact period of stay
- An invitation letter and the company COI (for business visa).
- A tour host ID card/passport and an invitation letter from the host (for Tourist visa multiple-entry).
- Visitors to Tanzania must be immunized, but only from countries where yellow fever is endemic. If you spent more than 12 hours in any Sub-Saharan African or South American country where yellow fever is present, you may require a certificate.
You must also notify immigration authorities of your travel plans in order to avoid exceeding the visa's three-month limit. It is necessary to have a flight confirmation or other proof of return to Peru or onward travel to another destination.
Tanzania visa requirements for Peruvian citizens.
4. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Peru?
Travelers should complete the Tanzania e-Visa application online after ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Peruvian citizens and selecting the correct visa type. This should only take a few minutes.
When filling out the form, each applicant have to provide the following vital personal and passport information:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Passport number
- Date of arrival/departure.
If all of the information entered is incorrect, the visa process may be delayed. As part of the e-Visa application process, all Peruvian citizens are required to provide a current email address where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. Following the immigration department's review of the application, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. You should not book your vacation until you have received final approval of your visa.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Peru?
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Peruvian passport holders.
When applying for a Tanzania visa online, Peruvian citizens must pay two (2) visa fees: the service fee and the government fee.
Tanzania Immigration Services is proud to provide high-quality services at a reasonable cost. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Service fee may vary depending on which of the three service types you choose from the list below:
- Normal processing time: You will receive your e-visa within 03 business days, which is the standard processing time.
- Urgent processing time: If you choose this e-visa option, you will receive your e-visa within 02 business days.
- Super Urgent processing time: the shortest type of e-visa processing time, which can be obtained in as little as 24 hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
The Tanzania e-Visa fee for Peruvian citizens varies according to the type of visa and length of stay and can be paid with a credit card when applying.
Peruvian citizens can obtain a Tanzanian tourist visa on arrival; however, long lines at the border are possible, and visa fees vary and must be paid in cash upon arrival. For those who applied for the visa ahead of time, the new electronic system is expected to shorten the transition period.
Cost of Tanzania visa for Peruvian passport holders.