Tanzania e-Visa for Italian citizens: Requirements and Fees
All Italian nationals traveling to Tanzania for work or pleasure require a visa to enter the country. Since 2018, the Tanzanian government has revised the previously complex process and introduced a simple online application form that allows travelers from Italy to apply for a Tanzania electronic visa.
1. Types of the Tanzania e-Visa for Italian citizens.
The online application can be used for any type of Tanzanian visa. The applicant must simply select the appropriate visa for their needs, based on the length of stay and the purpose of the trip:
- A single-entry tourist visa is issued to all Italian travelers intending to stay in Tanzania for up to three months for the purposes of holidays, tourism, visiting, leisure, or any short-term medical treatment administered in the country. This type of visa can be extended.
- A Tanzania tourist visa with multiple entries is issued to Italian citizens who plan to visit the country frequently over a short period of time. This visa is valid for 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a period of every 03 months. Italian citizens must submit an ID card, or a scan of the host’s passport and a letter from the host in Tanzania to apply for a tourist multiple entry visa.
- A transit visa is available for travelers stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 7 days.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working in the country on a temporary basis or for anyone looking to invest in Tanzanian business. It is valid for 03 months, and the duration of stay is up to 03 months from the arrival date. Italian passport holders are required to submit an invitation of the Host Company and a certificate of Incorporation to apply for this type of visa.
Tanzania e-Visa for Italian citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Italian citizens.
Citizens of Italy must submit supporting documentation covering the eVisa requirements for Tanzania when using the online application form. You must submit a scanned digital version of the following documents:
- An Italian passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the entry date in Tanzania. There should be at least 02 blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- A copy of the passport information page with the applicant's full name written on it.
- A passport-style photograph of the applicant.
- A return flight ticket to ensure Italian citizens stay within the visa's three-month validity period.
The visa fee for Italian nationals varies depending on the type of visa and length of stay, and can be paid with a credit card when the traveler submits their application.
Tanzania visa requirements for Italian citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Italy?
After ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Italian travelers and selecting the appropriate visa type, Italian citizens need to fill out the short Tanzania eVisa application online, which should take only a few minutes to complete.
When filling out the form, each applicant must provide the following vital personal and passport information:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Place of birth.
- Passport number.
- Details of the applicant’s travel plans (date of arrival and departure)
It is critical to double-check that all of the information entered is correct, or else the visa process may be delayed.
As part of the eVisa application process, all Italian citizens must provide a current email address, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. After the immigration department has reviewed the application, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. It is not recommended that you book your vacation until you have received final confirmation of visa approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Italy.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Italian passport holders.
The cost of an Italian visa in Tanzania varies according to the type of visa and the number of entries made during the applicant's visit. When applying for a Tanzania visa as an Italian citizen, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly by applying online at Tanzania Immigration Services. Simply fill out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to be sent to you via email. You have the option of selecting one of the following processing times:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: This service is available in case you need your visa urgently. You can get your Tanzania eVisa within 1 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Italian passport holders.