Tanzania visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens
Costa Rican citizens planning to visit Tanzania for tourism purposes can now apply for an e Visa for Tanzania.
The eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that was introduced in Tanzania in 2018 to simplify the process of obtaining a visa for visitors entering the country for a short period of time. Unlike a regular visa, the e-Visa does not require a visit to an Embassy or the submission of a paper application. The entire procedure can be completed in a matter of minutes.
It should be noted that the Tanzanian eVisa is a single-entry visa that allows visitors to stay in Tanzania for up to three months for tourism, leisure, or short-term health treatments.
1. Types of Tanzania visas for Costa Rican citizens.
If Costa Rican visitors intend to visit Tanzania, they should look into the following visas:
- A Multiple-entry tourist e visa: This visa is granted for tourism, visiting relatives, friends purposes. It is valid for 01 year from the arrival date, allowing Costa Rican citizens to stay in the country for a period of 03 months each visit.
- Business visa: Designed for people who intend to conduct short-term business activities or make an investment in the country. This type of e visa is valid for 03 months. Costa Rican citizens can stay here for 03 months from the arrival date with a single entry into the country.
- Transit visa: allows for up to 07 days of transit in Tanzania.
- Single entry tourist visa: With this type of visa, you can stay in the country for up to three months from the arrival date. Costa Rican visitors should be aware that no other activity besides tourism is permitted.
It is strongly advised for Costa Rican nationals to apply for an e Visa prior to departure to ensure a smoother process upon arrival in Tanzania. In fact, at the entry points, travelers with an eVisa have a faster line, whereas obtaining a visa on arrival can take longer.
Tanzania visa for Costa Rican citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens.
Tanzania visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens are as follows:
- A Costa Rican passport, which must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry in Tanzania, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for verification.
- A scan of the passport biographical page.
- To receive the electronic travel document, enter a valid email address.
- A return flight ticket to ensure that you do not exceed the visa's three-month limit.
- For a Tourist multiple entry 1 year e-visa: An invitation letter from the host with his/her ID will be required.
- For a Business e-visa: You need to attach an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate of insurance.
Costa Rican citizens must present their passports as well as a printed copy of their approved e-Visa upon arrival.
Tanzania visa requirements for Costa Rican citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Costa Rica?
It is a simple and quick process to apply for an e Visa for Tanzania from Costa Rica. All that is required is an internet connection and the necessary documentation.
The application form will require the following information:
- Personal information: full name, birth date, and country of citizenship.
- Passport information includes the country of issue, number
- The trip's specifics are as follows: intended entry and departure date.
Once the application form has been completed, applicants must pay with a credit or debit card. A confirmation message will then notify applicants that their application has been successfully submitted.
To avoid inconveniences such as delays or denial of the eVisa, it is critical that all information provided in the application form be accurate and up to date.
All communications regarding the eVisa, including the acceptance or denial, will be sent via email, so applicants must provide a valid email address.
The processing time for an e Visa for Tanzania is typically within 03 business days. Travelers should plan ahead of time and submit their applications on time to avoid arriving in Tanzania before receiving approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
Apply for Tanzania eVisa from Costa Rica.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Costa Rican passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Costa Rican citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries of the applicant's visit. To apply for a Tanzania visa from Costa Rica, you must pay two (02) types of visa fees: the Service cost and Government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
You can get your e-Visa quickly instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. All you have to do is apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You have a variety of processing times options in the following list:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed within 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
When you have COVID-19 Insurance , your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Costa Rican passport holders.
5. The entry points for travelers entering Tanzania.
The following are the entry points for travelers entering Tanzania with an e-Visa:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA), located in Dar es-Salam.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA), serving the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
- Mwanza International Airport, serving the city of Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA), on Unguja Island.
- Zanzibar Sea Port.
- By road: Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.
Travelers should keep a copy of their eVisa with them at all times in case they are asked to show a valid visa.