Tanzania visa for US citizens: Requirements and Cost
Only a few countries in the world, including a number of Sub-Saharan African nations, can travel to Tanzania without a visa. The majority of other passport holders must obtain a visa for Tanzania in order to visit the country. So, How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from the US? This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for US citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. Tanzania visa requirements for US citizens.
To apply for a Tanzania visa from the US before traveling, visiting relatives, business, or transit, some Tanzania visa requirements for US citizens must first be met. Citizens of the United States (USA) are required to have:
- When arriving in Tanzania, you must have a valid US passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- A passport-style digital photograph.
- Flight ticket/return flight ticket: you will be asked to provide your flight booking confirmation to verify your exact period of stay.
- An invitation letter and the company COI (for business e-visa).
- A tour host ID card/passport and an invitation letter from the host (for Tourist e-visa multiple-entry).
When entering Tanzania, it is also necessary to have a return ticket to the United States or to an onward destination, as failure to provide proof of the intended departure can result in the traveler being denied entry.
Tanzania visa requirements for US citizens.
2. Types of Tanzania visas for US citizens.
Tanzania visa for US citizens include:
- Tanzania Tourist visa (multiple-entry): A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa for Americans is intended for frequent visitors to the country. This visa is valid for 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of three months in a row. To be eligible for this visa, the applicant must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and provide a variety of supporting documentation. According to the Tanzanian government regulations, US citizens can only apply for Multiple entry kind of Tanzania Tourist visa.
- Tanzania Transit visa: A transit visa to Tanzania is available for travelers who plan to stay for no more than 7 days while transiting to another destination.
- Tanzania Business visa: A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals planning to visit Tanzania in order to invest in Tanzanian businesses. This visa is valid for 3 consecutive months from the date of your arrival.
Types of Tanzania visas for US citizens.
3. How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from the US.
After ensuring that you meet the Tanzania visa requirements for US citizens and selecting the appropriate visa type, American travelers can complete the simple application for a Tanzania visa for US citizens online, which takes only a few minutes to complete.
To apply for a visa to Tanzania from the US. You must provide some personal and passport information, such as your full name, date of birth, place of birth, and travel document number, as well as your travel plans for Tanzania. To avoid delays in receiving the visa, it is critical to double-check all of the information entered.
Before submitting the form, applicants must pay the Tanzania visa for US citizens cost and provide a current email address to which a confirmation that the application has been received will be sent. After Tanzanian immigration officers have reviewed the application, the final approval or denial of the E-visa will be sent to this address. When you receive your visa, print a hard copy and bring it with you to the Tanzanian border, along with the passport you used to apply for.
It's important to remember to obtain a visa to Tanzania from the US. Does not guarantee entry into Tanzania, and the final decision is made by immigration officers at border entry points. As a result, it is critical to ensure that the traveler has all of the necessary supporting documentation when passing through Tanzanian immigration control.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from the US.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for US citizens.
Tanzania Immigration Services takes great pride in its ability to provide excellent service at a reasonable fee. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for US citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa costs, which are called Service Cost and Government Cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees
Here are your options:
- Tanzania Standard service: The processing time for a Tanzania standard e-Visa is within 03 business days. It's a suitable option for non-urgent and low-budget needs.
- Tanzania Urgent service: If you choose this option, your visa application will be processed within 48 hours.
- Tanzania Super urgent service: The application will be ready within 24 business hours.
In this time, the traveling trip will be more amazing and guaranteed, when you have Tanzania travel Insurance for your benefit, in case the risk can happen.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time
Tanzania visa for US citizens payment methods:
You can choose to pay by 02 ways: electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal) and wire transfer (HSBC transaction).
Cost of Tanzania visa for US citizens.
- Tanzania Immigration Services
- Tanzania Visa for Australian citizens
- Tanzania Visa for Canadian citizens
- Tanzania ( Zanzibar) visa for Lebanese
- Tanzania visa for Turkish citizens
- Tanzania Visa for UK citizens