Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens: Requirements and Cost
Tanzania is an outstanding adventure travel destination in Africa with the plains of the Serengeti; here shine the snows of Kilimanjaro; here, too, lies the mythic isle of Zanzibar. For anyone who has ever dreamt of Africa. So, traveling to Tanzania on a Canadian passport must apply for a Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens in order to visit, work, or entertain in the country. How to apply for a visa to Tanzania from Canada? This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
Table of contents:
1. What is a Tanzania ETA/e-Visa for Canadian Citizens?
- Tanzanian e-Visa for Canadian citizens, introduced in 2018, is an electronic tourist visa. It was implemented to allow Canadian travelers to gain expedited entry upon arrival at a Tanzanian border control checkpoint and avoid having to wait in long visas on arrival queues.
- Tanzanian tourist e-Visa for Canadian citizens allows the traveler to stay in Tanzania and Zanzibar for 90 days from arrival date for tourism or recreation.
- Tanzania Electronic Visa (e-Visa) for Canadian citizens is a digital tourist visa that can be obtained online by completing a short form.
If you intend to visit Tanzania or the Zanzibar Islands, the Tanzanian e-Visa for Canadian citizens is the quickest and easiest way to obtain entry authorization.
The streamlined application procedure for an electronic visa eliminates the need to wait in long immigration lines to obtain a Tanzania visa on arrival or to visit a Tanzanian embassy or consulate in Canada to apply for a visa in person.
What is a Tanzania e-Visa for Canadian Citizens?
2.Tanzania visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Tanzania visa requirements for Canadian citizens state that applicants must have the following supporting documents on hand in order to submit an e-Visa form successfully:
- When arriving in Tanzania, you must have a valid Canadian passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival
- Digital reproduction of the passport information page.
- A digital reproduction of a passport photo.
- Invitation letter (if business e-visa).
- Confirmed return or onward flight tickets.
Because the passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of arrival in Tanzania, documents that expire earlier than this will not be accepted for an e-Visa application. In such cases, it will be necessary to renew the passport before proceeding with the application process.
Canadian nationals with dual citizenship and multiple passports should be aware that the e-Visa form must be completed with the same passport that will be used to travel to Tanzania.
When entering Tanzania, Canadian visitors must also show proof of their return flights to Canada or any other onward destination, as officials will check that the applicant's travel plans correspond to the time limit imposed by the visa.
Tanzania visa fees can be paid online with 3-ways: credit/debit card; American Express or Paypal card at the same time as the application. The cost of a visa for a Canadian passport holder varies depending on the type of visa and the length of the applicant's visit.
Tanzania visa requirements for Canadian citizens
3. How to Apply for an online visa to Tanzania from Canada?
Apply for an online visa to Tanzania from Canada by filling out a simple online form.
To complete the Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens application, you must provide the following information:
- Basic personal information (name, nationality, etc.)
- Data from a passport (passport number, expiry date, etc.)
- Date of arrival and date of departure.
- Transportation methods (air ports, road or vessel).
Canadian citizens must also attach the requested supporting documents in digital format. You must also pay the Tanzania e-Visa fee with a valid credit/debit card or Paypal that is authorized for online payments. How does it work?
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
4. Types of Tanzania visas for Canadian citizens
It is critical for Canadian visitors to Tanzania to apply for the appropriate visa, which is determined by their reason for visiting the country and the length of their stay:
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa: This enables the traveler to enter Tanzania for tourism, recreation, short-term medical treatment, or any other activity authorized by Tanzanian legislation with a single entry or multiple entries. It's further divided into two different categories:
- Tanzania tourist e-Visa (single entry): The traveler can stay a maximum of 3 consecutive months from the arrival date for a single entry.
- Tanzania tourist e-Visa (multiple entries): This visa is valid for 12 months and allows the traveler to enter the country with no limit, but the holder cannot stay in the country for twelve consecutive months and have to leave every 3 months.
- Tanzania Business Visa: Which is issued to Canadian citizens visiting the country to fulfill professional obligations, conduct research, or hold business meetings, and allows stay for 90 consecutive days with single entry.
- Tanzania Transit Visa: Available for travelers passing through Tanzania on their way to another country and staying for no more than 7 days. This type has validity of 7 days from the date of your arrival, and cannot be used for tourism purposes.
5. Tanzania visa Fee For Canadian Citizens
To apply for a Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Visa Fee, which are called Service Fee and Government Fee
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees
The service charge is customizable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the following list:
- The standard processing time: When selecting this service option, you will obtain your e-visa within three business days.
- Rush processing time: You will receive an e-visa in two working days if you choose this e-visa type.
- Processing time for Super Rush: The quickest sort of e-visa, which you can get in one working day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time
COVID-19 Insurance is recommended for your benefit and risk if you want to have a pleasant traveling experience.
The total price will depend on the type of e-Visa and also how soon you want it. Keep in mind that both those factors influence your bill. The higher the price you pay, the more comfortable you can be.
As you can see, obtaining a Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens has never been simpler. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from the comfort of your own home at any time of day or night. It doesn't get much more perfect than that. What are you waiting for? Apply for a Tanzania visa for Canadian citizens right away.