Tanzania e-Visa for Maldivian citizens: Requirements and Fees
Maldivians who want to visit Tanzania can now apply for an e-Visa.
1. What are the Tanzania visas for Maldivian citizens?
The e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization that was introduced in Tanzania in 2018 to make obtaining a visa easier for short-term visitors. Unlike a regular visa, the e-Visa does not require a visit to an embassy or the submission of a paper application. The entire process is online and only takes a few minutes to complete.
Tanzanian e-Visa allows visitors to stay in the country for up to three months for tourism, leisure, or short-term medical treatment. The e-Visa covers both Tanzania's mainland and Zanzibar.
In this article, Maldivian travelers can determine what types of Tanzania are available and how to apply online.
2. Types of Tanzania visas for Maldivian citizens.
If Maldivian visitors are planning to visit Tanzania for a short period of time, they should research the following visas:
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa: This visa allows people to enter Tanzania for touristic purposes, relaxing holidays, having a date with overseas friends, or short-term health treatment. A single entry tourist e-Visa allows Maldivian citizens to enter Tanzania once and remain there for 90 days from the arrival date. If Maldivian travelers plan to visit Tanzania frequently, they should apply for a multiple entry tourist visa. This type of visa is valid for 1 year and permits multiple entries into the country. Maldivian residents can enter the country as many times as they wish and stay in Tanzania for a period of every 3 months
- Tanzania Transit e-Visa (Valid for 7 days from arrival date): Travelers who want to stay in Tanzania on their route to another country for no more than 07 days can apply for this visa.
- Tanzania Business e-Visa (Valid for 90 days from arrival date with single entry): This type of visa is granted to Maldivian nationals who intend to participate in business activities in Tanzania. It enables Maldivian travelers to stay in Tanzania for up to 03 months.
In addition to the e-Visa, Maldivians are eligible for a visa on arrival. However, applying for an e-Visa before departure is strongly advised to ensure a more seamless process upon arrival in Tanzania.
Tanzania visas for Maldivian citizens.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Maldivian citizens.
The following are the Tanzania visa requirements for Maldivians:
- A copy of your passport’s biographical page, which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Tanzania
- A photograph of the applicant
- To receive the electronic travel document, enter a valid email address.
- A return flight ticket
- An invitation letter from a host with his/her ID (apply for a multiple entry tourist visa)
- An invitation of the Host Company and a certificate of Incorporation (for business eVisa)
Maldivian citizens will be required to present their passports as well as a printed copy of their approved e-Visa upon arrival.
Tanzania visa requirements for Maldivian citizens.
4. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from the Maldives?
Applying for an e-Visa to Tanzania from the Maldives is a simple and quick process. All that is needed is an internet connection and the necessary paperwork.
The following information will be required on the application form:
- Personal information: full name, gender, birth date, and country of citizenship.
- Passport information includes the passport number
- The trip's specifics are as follows: intended entry date and purpose of the trip.
After completing the application form, applicants need to pay the visa fee with a credit or debit card. Applicants will then receive an email confirming that their application was successfully submitted.
It is critical that all information provided in the application form be accurate and up to date to avoid inconveniences such as delays or denial of the e-Visa.
Applicants must provide a valid email address because all e-Visa notifications, including acceptance or denial, will be sent via email.
Tanzanian e-Visas typically take 1 to 3 business days to process. Travelers should plan ahead of time and submit their applications on time to avoid arriving in Tanzania without approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from the Maldives
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Maldivian passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Maldivian citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries of the applicant's visit. To apply for a Tanzania visa from the Maldives, you must pay two (2) types of visa fees: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
By applying online on the website of Tanzania Immigration Services, applicants will save a lot of time and effort. All you have to do is apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You have a variety of processing times options in the following list:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: You can expect to receive your eVisa within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Maldivian passport holders.