How to Apply for Tanzania eVisa from Mexico
Tanzania's government launched the Tanzania eVisa in 2018, which means that getting a visa for Tanzania is now faster, cheaper, and more convenient because there is no longer a need to visit a local embassy or consulate to apply for one.
Over 150 countries, including eligible Mexican citizens, can now apply for an eVisa to Tanzania.
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Mexican citizens?
Visitors from certain countries must apply for a consular visa at a Tanzanian embassy; Mexican citizens, on the other hand, can apply for a visa to Tanzania online.
Tanzania implemented an electronic visa, or eVisa, for certain nationalities, including Mexican citizens, in 2018. This simplified system requires the applicant to fill out a simple online application form from the comfort of their own home or office.
The most convenient way to obtain a Tanzania tourist visa is through the eVisa system. Visitors to Tanzania can obtain various types of visas based on their reason for visiting the country.
Visitors from Mexico with a valid Tanzania eVisa can bypass long lines at the border and enter the country quickly and easily.
Tanzania e-Visa for Mexican citizens
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Mexican citizens.
As previously stated, obtaining a Tanzania visa for Mexican citizens is now easier than ever. This means no embassy lines, no in-person interviews with immigration officials, and no stacks of paperwork. The first and most important step is determining which visa you need and applying for it.
Let us begin with the fundamentals: the various types of Tanzanian visas. Although there are more than four different types of visas, the single-entry tourist visa is the most common. Here are a few examples:
- A Single-entry Tanzania tourist visa. It is valid for 3 months from arrival date and permit single entry into the country
- A Multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa. It is valid for 1 year from arrival date and permits multiple-entry. Holders of this visa can visit Tanzania multiple times, with each stay not exceeding 03 months.
- A Tanzania transit visa. It is valid for 7 days from arrival date.
- A Tanzania business visa. It valid for 3 months from arrival date and permit single entry
Following your decision on the type of visa you require, the next step is to gather the necessary documents and paperwork to begin an online application for a Tanzanian visa. Mexican citizens are currently required to have the following documents:
- A Mexican passport – Your Mexican valid passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date in Tanzania, with at least 02 blank pages.
- Biographic data page – A copy of the applicant’s valid passport from the biographic data page must be included. The first page of a passport usually contains the traveler's photo and personal information (passport number, full name, expiration date, and so on).
- A digital photo of the applicant: You must submit a recent photo of yourself, taken within the last six months. Your face should be centered and your features should be visible.
- A valid email address – You must enter a valid email address to receive notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa.
- For Business travelers: An invitation letter from the host company and Certificate of Incorporation (COI) are required.
- For a Tourist multiple entry 1 year e-visa: A letter of invitation from the host, host ID card and return flight ticket are required.
Tanzania visa requirements for Mexican citizens.
3. How to apply for a Tanzania Visa from Mexico?
The last step in obtaining a Tanzania e-visa is to complete the application.
To apply for a Tanzania e-visa from Mexico, you must first complete an online Tanzania visa application form. In less than an hour, this form will ask you a few basic questions:
- Personal information: full name, date of birth, and nationality
- Passport information: passport number and expiration date
- The date of arrival/departure.
Following that, you must pay the application fee and wait for an email notification. The Tanzania visa typically takes 3 days to process, but this may be extended due to high demand or other factors. We recommend printing a copy of your evisa once it has been approved in case an immigration official questions you at the border.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for a Tanzania Visa from Mexico.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Mexican passport holders.
The cost of a Mexican visa in Tanzania varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries made by the applicant during his or her visit. You must pay two (2) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from Mexico: service fee and government fee.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
You can get your e-Visa quickly by filling out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to be emailed to you. You can choose from one of the following processing times:
- Tanzania Normal e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Mexican passport holders.
5. What entry points are available for Mexican passport holders to enter Tanzania?
Applicants whose visa applications have been approved are at present required to enter the United Republic of Tanzania through these specified Entry Points, which are:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA), located in Dar es-Salaam.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA), serving the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
- Mwanza International Airport, serving the city of Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA), on Unguja Island.
- Zanzibar Sea Port.
- By road: Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.