Tanzania visa for French citizens: Requirements and Cost
To enter Tanzania for tourism, business, volunteering, or study, French citizens or those traveling on a French passport require a visa. This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for French citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
Table of contents:
1. Tanzania visa requirements for French citizens
French citizens who wish to apply for a Tanzania visa from France online prior to travel must submit the following documents with their application Tanzania visa for French citizens:
- Upon arrival in Tanzania, a French passport valid for at least 6 months is required.
- A scanned copy of the passport data page.
- A passport-style digital photograph.
When entering Tanzania, immigration officials will frequently request proof of return flights to France or onward travel, as officials must ensure that the applicant's travel plans correspond to the time limit imposed by the Tanzania tourist visa.
2. How to apply Tanzania online visa for French citizens
Applicants for a visa to Tanzania from France will be required to provide personal information such as the following:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Country of residence.
- Email address.
- Passport number.
- Invitation letter (if Tanzania business e-visa).
Check that all information entered is correct, as Tanzanian immigration cannot be held liable for errors that may occur during the visa processing if the information is incorrect.
Applicants are also asked to provide a current email address, as details about the ongoing application process and confirmation of final visa approval will be sent to that address. It is not recommended that applicants book flights or accommodations until they have received confirmation of a Tanzania visa for French citizens. Read more to understand how does it work
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
How to apply Tanzania online visa for French citizens
3. Types of Tanzania visas for French citizens
French visitors to Tanzania may require different types of visas depending on their reason for visiting and the length of their stay. Types of Tanzania visas for French citizens:
- Tanzania tourist e-visa: Which allows the traveler a single stay of up to 3 months in the country for the purpose of tourism and leisure, short-term health treatment, or any other activity legal under Tanzanian law. This visa allows people to enter Tanzania for touristic purposes. It is further divided into two categories.
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Single Entry): French tourists who apply for this type of visa can stay in Tanzania for up to 90 days in a single entry.
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Multiple Entries): This visa allows French travelers to visit no-limited Tanzania for up to a year and have a period of every 90 days.
- Tanzania Transit visa: Available for travelers who want to stop in Tanzania on their way to another country and will stay no longer than 7 days
- Tanzania business visa: Which is issued to French citizens visiting the country to fulfill professional obligations, conduct research, or hold business meetings, and allows a stay of not exceeding 90 days for a single entry, depending on the needs of the traveler
4. Tanzania visa fee for French citizens
To apply for a Tanzania visa for French citizens online, you must pay two (2) types of Visa Fees: Service Fee and Government Fee.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees
The service charge is customizable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the following list:
- Normal: This service will obtain a Tanzania visa for French people within three business days if your needs are non-urgent and you have a limited budget.
- Urgent: In just 48 hours, a French citizen will receive a Tanzania e-Visa for something urgent that you need to get used to.
- Super urgent: Which organization can help a French citizen obtain a Tanzania e-Visa in just one working day? To be sure. you should have the covid-19 Insurance for your trip.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time
The total price will depend on the type of e-Visa and also how soon you want it. Keep in mind that both those factors influence your bill.
As you can see, obtaining a Tanzania visa from France has never been simpler. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from the comfort of your own home at any time of day or night. It doesn't get much more perfect than that. What are you waiting for? Apply for a Tanzania visa for French citizens right away.
Tanzania visa fee for French citizens