Tanzania visa for French citizens: Requirements and Cost
Tanzania is a renowned tourist destination and one of the most spectacular countries in Africa, with a diverse landscape that includes highlands, plains, and coastal areas. Most visitors to Tanzania include the Serengeti National Park and Mount Kilimanjaro on their itinerary, but there is more to the country than these two renowned sites.
To enter Tanzania for tourism, business, volunteering, or study, French citizens or those traveling on a French passport require a visa. This article will explain how to apply for a Tanzania visa for French citizens, as well as the requirements and costs.
1. Tanzania visa requirements for French citizens
French citizens who wish to apply for a Tanzania visa from France online prior to travel must submit the following documents with their application Tanzania visa for French citizens:
- Upon arrival in Tanzania, a French passport valid for at least 6 months is required.
- A scanned copy of the passport data page.
- A passport-style digital photograph.
When entering Tanzania, immigration officials will frequently request proof of return flights to France or onward travel, as officials must ensure that the applicant's travel plans correspond to the time limit imposed by the Tanzania tourist visa.
2. How to apply Tanzania online visa for French citizens
Applicants for a visa to Tanzania from France will be required to provide personal information such as the following:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Country of residence.
- Email address.
- Passport number.
- Invitation letter (if Tanzania business e-visa).
Check that all information entered is correct, as Tanzanian immigration cannot be held liable for errors that may occur during the visa processing if the information is incorrect.
Applicants are also asked to provide a current email address, as details about the ongoing application process and confirmation of final visa approval will be sent to that address. It is not recommended that applicants book flights or accommodations until they have received confirmation of a Tanzania visa for French citizens. Read more to understand how does it work
How to apply Tanzania online visa for French citizens
3. Types of Tanzania visas for French citizens
French visitors to Tanzania may require different types of visas depending on their reason for visiting and the length of their stay. Types of Tanzania visas for French citizens:
- Tanzania tourist e-visa: Which allows the traveler a single stay of up to 3 months in the country for the purpose of tourism and leisure, short-term health treatment, or any other activity legal under Tanzanian law. This visa allows people to enter Tanzania for touristic purposes. It is further divided into two categories.
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Single Entry): French tourists who apply for this type of visa can stay in Tanzania for up to 90 days in a single entry.
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Multiple Entries): This visa allows French travelers to visit no-limited Tanzania for up to a year and have a period of every 90 days.
- Tanzania Transit visa: Available for travelers who want to stop in Tanzania on their way to another country and will stay no longer than 7 days
- Tanzania business visa: Which is issued to French citizens visiting the country to fulfill professional obligations, conduct research, or hold business meetings, and allows a stay of not exceeding 90 days for a single entry, depending on the needs of the traveler
4. Tanzania visa fee for French citizens
To apply for a Tanzania visa for French citizens online, you must pay two (2) types of Visa Fees: Service Fee and Government Fee.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees
The service charge is customizable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the following list:
- Normal: This service will obtain a Tanzania visa for French people within three business days if your needs are non-urgent and you have a limited budget.
- Urgent: In just 48 hours, a French citizen will receive a Tanzania e-Visa for something urgent that you need to get used to.
- Super urgent: Which organization can help a French citizen obtain a Tanzania e-Visa in just one working day? To be sure. you should have Tanzania Travel Insurance for your trip.
The total price will depend on the type of e-Visa and also how soon you want it. Keep in mind that both those factors influence your bill.
As you can see, obtaining a Tanzania visa from France has never been simpler. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply from the comfort of your own home at any time of day or night. It doesn't get much more perfect than that. What are you waiting for? Apply for a Tanzania visa for French citizens right away.
Tanzania visa fee for French citizens
5. FAQS about Tanzania e visa for French citizens:
1. Do EU citizens need visa for Tanzania?
Citizens of the majority of EU nations must get a visa to enter Tanzania. Nationals of Cyprus, Malta, and Romania are the only exceptions to this regulation, as they do not require a visa.
2. How long does it take to get a Tanzania visa for French citizens?
An approved Tanzania eVisa for French citizens will be sent to the current email address provided by the traveler when filling out the online form.
Tanzania eVisa is typically accepted within 3 business days. Passengers are advised to apply at least one week before their trip to Tanzania.
Travelers will receive two documents, an application notice and a visa approval notice via email.
Upon arrival in Tanzania or Zanzibar, these two documents must be printed and submitted to the immigration authorities along with the traveler's Canadian passport for rapid entry.
Tanzania e-visa approved in France can be used to enter the country at the following border checkpoints:
- Abaid Amani Karume International Airport
- Julius Nierere International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Namanga border checkpoint
- Tunduma border checkpoint
It is also possible to enter all ports in Tanzania and Zanzibar using an approved online visa for French citizens
3. What is a Tanzania eVisa for French Citizens
Tanzania eVisa for French citizens introduced in 2018 is an e-tourist visa. It is implemented so that travelers from France can enter Tanzania quickly when they arrive at border control checkpoints and do not have to wait for a long visa in the arrival queue.
The holder may stay in Tanzania and Zanzibar for 30 days for sightseeing or leisure.
Online Tanzania tourist visas for French citizens are singular e-visa. If approved, you can enter Tanzania for a total of 90 days from the date of issuance.