Tanzania e-Visa for Japanese citizens: Requirements and Fees
Tanzania is one of the world's most exciting and up-and-coming destinations, particularly for Japanese visitors. This long-hidden gem is known for three things: the wild and beautiful Serengeti plains, which are ideal for safaris; Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak; and Zanzibar, an island off the mainland of Tanzania with beautiful blue beaches.
However, before you book a tour to Tanzania, there is one important thing to remember: all Japanese visitors must have a visa to enter Tanzania.
Fortunately, a new visa policy of the Tanzanian government makes it easier than ever to apply for a Tanzanian online visa – and we'll show you how to get yours quickly and easily.
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Japanese citizens?
Visitors from certain countries must apply for a consular visa at a Tanzanian embassy; Japanese citizens, on the other hand, can apply for a visa to Tanzania online.
Tanzania implemented an electronic visa, or eVisa, for certain nationalities, including Japanese citizens, in 2018. This simplified system requires the applicant to fill out a simple online application form from the comfort of their own home or office.
The eVisa system is the most convenient way to obtain a Tanzania tourist visa. Visitors to Tanzania can obtain different types of visas depending on their purpose for visiting the country.
Japanese visitors who have a valid Tanzania eVisa can avoid long lines at the border and enter the country quickly and easily.
Tanzania e-Visa for Japanese citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Japanese citizens.
As previously stated, the new procedure for obtaining a Tanzania visa for Japanese citizens is simpler than ever. This means no lines at the embassy, no in-person interviews with immigration officials, and no stacks of paperwork. The two most important steps are determining which visa you require and applying for it.
Let's start with the basics: the various types of Tanzanian visas. Although there are more than four different types of visas, the most common is the single-entry tourist visa. These are some examples:
- A Single-entry Tanzania tourist visa – This allows the traveler to stay for a maximum of 3 months in Tanzania and can be applied towards a holiday, tourism, or medical purpose.
- A Multiple-entry Tanzania visa – This is a visa specifically for those who frequently plan to visit Tanzania. This visa allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 3 months (consecutively), and the visa is valid for 12 months. One caveat is that in order to be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa, the applicant must be invited by a citizen of Tanzania and provide proper documentation (a Host’s ID card/ passport, and an invitation letter) on why they need such a visa.
- A Tanzania transit visa enables Japanese travelers to transit through Tanzania to their next destination. It is valid for stays of no more than 7 days and is intended for short layover trips.
- Those planning to visit Tanzania for business or to invest in Tanzanian companies can obtain a Tanzania business visa. It is valid for 03 months, allowing Japanese nationals to stay in the country for up to 03 months from the arrival date. Japanese travelers must provide an invitation of the Host Company and a certificate of Incorporation to apply for a Business eVisa.
After deciding on the type of visa you require, the next step is to gather the documents and paperwork required to begin an online application for a Tanzanian visa. The following documents are currently required for Japanese citizens:
- A Japanese passport – Your Japanese passport must be current and valid for at least six months from the date you intend to arrive in Tanzania.
- Biographical passport page – A copy of your passport bio page. The first page of a passport usually contains the traveler's photo and personal information (passport number, full name, expiration date, and so on).
- A digital passport-style photo that was taken within the last 6 months, with your face centered and clearly visible.
- A return flight ticket to Japan
- A valid email address – You must enter a valid email address to receive notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa.
- A valid payment method – In order to pay the visa fees, you must have a valid debit or credit card.
Tanzania visa requirements for Japanese citizens.
3. How to apply for a Tanzania Visa from Japan?
The last step in obtaining a Tanzania evisa is to complete the application.
To apply for a Tanzania evisa from Japan, you must first fill out the Tanzania visa application form online. This form will ask you a few simple questions about yourself (such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and nationality), your contact information (email address), and your passport number.
Following that, you must pay the application fee and wait for a notification in your email inbox. The Tanzania visa takes an average of 03 days to process, but it may take longer due to high demand or other factors. Once your evisa has been approved, we recommend printing a copy in case an immigration official questions you at the border.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for a Tanzania Visa from Japan.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Japanese passport holders.
The cost of a Japanese visa in Tanzania varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries made by the applicant during his or her visit. You must pay two (2) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from Japan: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
You can apply for an e-Visa quickly at Tanzania Immigration Services instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. Fill out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to be emailed to you. You can choose from one of the following processing times:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: Your visa application is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, you will receive your visa within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: In only 1 business day, your Tanzania eVisa will be sent to your email address.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Japanese passport holders.