Tanzania Visa for Micronesian citizens: Requirements and Fees
Only a few nations are free from obtaining a visa prior to entering and traveling in Tanzania. Most foreign nationals, including Micronesians, require a visa to visit Tanzania.
As of November 2018, the new e-Visa system makes it easier for Micronesians to apply for a Tanzania e-Visa. This new e-Visa was designed to boost security and speed up the visa application procedure at immigration and border control. Tourism and border control are expected to gain from this automated approach.
Tanzania e-Visa for Micronesian citizens
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Micronesian citizens?
For Micronesian people, the quickest and easiest approach is to apply for a Tanzania visa online, which can be obtained in a matter of minutes in advance. Tanzania's government recently launched computerized travel permission to expedite tourist visa applications. This electronic Tanzania visa not only makes it easier for visitors to get their documentation, but it also helps with border security inspections.
While Micronesian citizens can obtain a Tanzania visa on arrival or from an embassy, the process is time-consuming and inconvenient due to long lines and the fact that only cash can be used to pay the corresponding visa fee. Applying for a Tanzania visa online, on the other hand, ensures that you receive your visa on time, from the comfort of your own home, and in just a few minutes.
There are four main types of visas available to travelers:
- Single entry visa to Tanzania: This visa is only for purposes of tourism and visit which is valid for 3 months from the date of entry with a single entry. Micronesian citizens can apply for this e-visa for staying within 90 days in Tanzania.
- Multiple-entry visa to Tanzania: This is also for tourism purposes, however, if Micronesian want to visit this country again without applying for a new e-visa, they can choose this type which is valid for 1 year with multiple entries. Micronesian travelers can stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 90 days for each visit.
- Tanzania business visa: This is a single-entry visa which has a 3-month validity period and a stayover of 90 days from the date of arrival. Micronesian citizens who use this type of visa can engage in business activities including meetings, trading, etc.
- Tanzanian Visa for transit: This type of visa is valid for 1 week from the date of entry with a chance to enter Tanzania once only as long as Tanzania is not travelers’ final destination. This e-visa allows Micronesian citizens to stay in this country for a short period of time of 7 days in total.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Micronesian citizens.
Micronesian citizens must meet a few Tanzania visa requirements and ensure that they have all of the relevant papers before traveling to Tanzania. Citizens of Micronesia must meet the following criteria:
- A Micronesian passport that is valid for at least six months (or longer) from the date they intend to enter Tanzania.
- The passport must be available for 2 blank pages for visa stamping purposes.
- A digital copy of their passport photo or a similar photo in style and dimensions.
- A scanned copy of the first page in their passport that contains all of their information.
- A return flight to the Federated States of Micronesia or another destination.
- A host ID card and letter from the host are required for tourist e-visa.
- Business e-visa needs proof of an invitation letter and a company COI.
Micronesian citizens who want to move to Tanzania for medical or relocation purposes must apply for another type of visa at the Tanzania Embassies in their residence.
Tanzania visa requirements for Micronesian citizens
3. How to Apply for a Tanzania e-Visa from the Federated States of Micronesia?
Micronesians can apply for a Tanzania visa on arrival when they arrive in Tanzania. This process, on the other hand, is slower, and tourists will be asked to pay a cost that varies in amount, making planning ahead difficult. As a result, visitors to Tanzania are encouraged to use an efficient computerized system.
If the applicant has a valid passport, he or she can apply for a visa from the Federated States of Micronesia by completing an online visa application form. This form has only a few simple questions. Applicants will be asked to provide information such as:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of birth
- Valid email address
- Contact number
- Number of passport
Applicants will be notified via email that their application has been received after answering these questions and paying the payment. The email address supplied on the online application form will be used for all future correspondence. As a result, applicants should double-check their email addresses and check their inboxes frequently. All applicants are recommended to double-check their answers before hitting the "Submit" button, as inaccuracies can cause delays.
Finally, nationals of Micronesia who wish to apply should do so at least one week prior to their departure date. Tanzania e-Visa applications are normally handled in one to three business days, but this can take longer on rare occasions. As a result, it's best to submit the application form well ahead of time to guarantee that it's processed and received on time.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa)
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from the Federated States of Micronesia
4. Cost of a Tanzania visa for Micronesian passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Micronesians varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries made during the applicant's visit. You must pay two (2) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from the Federated States of Micronesia: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly. Simply apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You can choose from the following processing time options:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Cost of a Tanzania visa for Micronesian passport holders