Tanzania e-Visa for Norwegian citizens: Requirements and Fees
Tanzania is one of the most exciting and up-and-coming destinations in the world, especially for Norwegian visitors. This long-hidden gem is known for three things: the wild and beautiful Serengeti plains, which are ideal for safaris; Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak; and Zanzibar, a beautiful blue-sand island off the coast of Tanzania. Because of all of these factors, Tanzania is the next big thing.
However, please remember that all tourists from Norway require a visa in order to enter Tanzania before making travel arrangements.
We'll demonstrate how to apply for and obtain a Tanzanian internet visa thanks to a recent government motion in Tanzania that has made the process simpler than before.
Tanzania e-Visa for Norwegian citizens
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Norwegian citizens?
Certain countries require visitors to apply for a consular visa at a Tanzanian embassy; however, Tanzania eVisa for Norwegian citizens can be applied for online.
An electronic visa, or eVisa, was made available by Tanzania in 2018 for some nationalities, including Norwegians. In this streamlined system, the applicant fills out a straightforward online application form from the convenience of their home or workplace.
The most convenient way to obtain a Tanzania tourist visa is through the eVisa system. Visitors to Tanzania can obtain various types of visas based on their reason for visiting the country.
Visitors from Norway with a valid Tanzania eVisa can bypass long lines at the border and enter the country quickly and easily.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Norwegian citizens.
As previously stated, obtaining a Tanzania visa for Norwegian citizens is now easier than ever. This means no waiting in lines at the embassy, no face-to-face interviews with immigration officials, and no stacks of paperwork. The first and most important step is determining which visa you need and applying for it.
Before applying, all foreign nationals, including Norwegian passport holders, must choose which visa category best meets their needs.
Begin by identifying the various Tanzanian visa options. Here are a few figures:
- A Single-entry Tanzania tourist visa – This allows the traveler to stay for a maximum of 3 months in Tanzania and can be applied towards a holiday, tourism, or medical purpose.
- A Multiple-entry Tanzania visa – This is a visa specifically for those who frequently plan to visit Tanzania. This visa allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 3 months for each trip, and the visa is valid for 12 months. One caveat is that in order to be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa.
- A Tanzania transit visa enables a traveler to transit through Tanzania to their next destination. It is valid for stays of no more than 7 days and is intended for short layover trips.
- Those planning to visit Tanzania for business or to invest in Tanzanian companies can obtain a Tanzania business visa. The validity of this visa is 3 months, depending on the needs of the traveler.
Tanzania visa requirements for Norwegian citizens
Following your decision on the type of visa you require, the next step is to gather the necessary documents and paperwork to begin an online application for a Tanzanian visa. For Norwegian citizens, the following documents are currently required:
- A Norwegian passport must be current and valid for at least six months from the date you plan to arrive in Tanzania.
- Biometric passport page - A photocopy of your biometric passport page must be provided. The first page of a passport often includes the traveler's picture and personal data (passport number, full name, expiration date, and so on).
- A digital passport-style photo - You must submit a recent photograph of yourself taken within the last six months, with your face centered and visible.
- A Basic Travel Itinerary - As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a basic list of your travel plans to ensure that they are within the three-month limit of the Tanzanian tourist visa. Check that you have a ticket that clearly states your next stop (either to another destination or back home).
- A valid email address - In order to receive notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa, you must enter a valid email address.
- A valid payment method - You must have a valid debit or credit card to pay the visa fees.
3. How to apply for a Tanzania Visa from Norway?
The application form must be completed in order to obtain a Tanzania evisa for Norwegian citizens.
To apply for a Tanzania evisa from Norway, you must first complete an online Tanzania visa application form. In a few minutes, this form will ask you a few basic questions about yourself (such as your full name, date of birth, and nationality), your contact information (email and current address), and your passport information (passport number and expiration date).
Following that, you must pay the application fee and wait for a notification in your email inbox. The Tanzania visa takes an average of 3 days to process, but it may take longer due to high demand or other factors. Once your evisa has been approved, we recommend printing a copy in case an immigration official questions you at the border.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for a Tanzania Visa from Norway
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Norwegian passport holders.
The cost of a Norwegian visa in Tanzania varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries made by the applicant during his or her visit. You must pay two (2) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from Norway: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
You can get your e-Visa quickly instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. Fill out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to be emailed to you. You can choose from one of the following processing times:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Norwegian passport holders