Tanzania visa for Australian citizens: Requirements and Costs
If you are an Australian citizen planning to visit Tanzania for tourism, conference attendance, or business, you should be aware that you will need a visa to enter the country.
Thanks to the introduction of the e-Visa process in 2018, this has become much easier. Tanzanian immigration has simplified the previously complex system and implemented a simple online application form that allows you to apply for a Tanzania visa for Australian citizens
Table of contents:
1. What Is the Tanzania e-Visa for Australians?
Tanzania Electronic Visa (e-Visa) is a digital travel permit that is available to Australian passport holders as well as visitors from other countries around the world. The Tanzanian government implemented this online visa in 2018 to encourage tourists and leisure travelers from around the world to visit Tanzania and Zanzibar.
Because it can be obtained online, it is widely regarded as the most convenient Tanzania entry permit.
Australians planning a trip to Tanzania (including the Zanzibar archipelago) can apply for an e-Visa by filling out a simple online form and receiving their e-Visa via email.
The Tanzania e-Visa for Australian citizens can be used for tourism, leisure, or family visits to Tanzania.
The online application simplifies the process for Tanzania visa application from Australia. It eliminates the need to physically visit a local embassy or consulate to submit the paperwork required to obtain a Tanzania visa for Australian citizens.
Tanzania e-Visa for Australians
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Australian citizens.
All applicants must ensure that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Australian citizens. The requirements are listed below:
- When arriving in Tanzania, you must have an Australian passport that is valid for at least 6 months, with a minimum of 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- A copy of the passport information page containing the applicant's personal information.
- A passport-style photo of the applicant that clearly shows his or her face
- An invitation letter and the company COI (for business e-visa).
- A tour host ID card/passport and an invitation letter from the host (for Tourist e-visa multiple-entry).
When entering Tanzania, applicants must also show proof of their return flights to Australia or another destination. If you do not provide this, your application may be denied or you may be turned away at the border.
Tanzania visa requirements for Australian citizens.
3. Types of visas to Tanzania from Australia:
Depending on the reason for their visit and the length of their stay, Australian visitors to Tanzania may require different types of visas. Tanzania visas for Australian citizens are available in the following categories:
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Single entry for 90 days): allows Australian citizens to stay in the country for 03 months from the arrival date.
- Tanzania Tourist e-Visa (Multiple entries for 1 year): is available for Australian nationals who want to visit Tanzania regularly. This type of visa is valid for 12 months from the arrival date, allowing multiple entries into Tanzania with each stay not exceeding 03 months.
- Tanzania Transit e-Visa (valid for 07 days): used for Australian travelers who plan to transit through Tanzania or have a short trip of fewer than 07 days.
- Tanzania Business e-Visa (Single entry for 90 days): Australian residents who want to invest in Tanzanian businesses should apply for this visa. This visa is valid for 03 consecutive months from the date of your arrival.
Types of visas to Tanzania from Australia.
4. Apply for a Tanzania visa for Australian citizens.
While filling out the (Visa to Tanzania from Australia) Tanzania e-Visa application, Australian citizens will be required to provide a few basic personal and passport details. It is critical to ensure that the information entered is correct and matches the information on the traveler's passport.
The following information is required:
- The birth date
The following information from your passport must be entered:
- The number on a passport
- Date of publication
- Expiration date
The Australian applicant must provide some contact information, such as:
- Residential address
- Email address
It is also necessary to provide some details about the planned trip to Tanzania, such as travel and lodging arrangements.
Incorrect or missing information can cause processing delays and, in some cases, visa denial. As a result, Australian applicants are advised to double-check the information they have entered on the Tanzania visa for Australian citizens’ application for accuracy before submitting it for review.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
Apply for a Tanzania visa for Australian citizens.
5. Tanzania visa Fees for Australian citizens
The Tanzania visa fee for Australian citizens varies depending on the type of visa and duration of the applicant's visit and can be paid using a credit card when the traveler submits their application.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
Australian applicants have to pay the Government fee for their application to be processed.
The service charge is adjustable based on which of the three service categories you choose from the list below:
- The standard processing time: If you choose this service, you will receive your e-visa within three business days.
- Rush processing time: If you choose this e-visa type, you will receive your e-visa in two working days.
- Super Rush processing time: the quickest type of e-visa, which can be obtained in as soon as 24 business hours.
The total cost will be determined by the type of e-Visa and the time frame in which you require it. Keep in mind that both of these factors have an impact on your bill.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
As you can see, applying for a Tanzania visa from Australia has never been easier. You are not required to visit an embassy; you can apply from the comfort of your own home at any time of day or night. It doesn't get much better than that. What exactly are you waiting for? Apply for a Tanzania visa right away if you are an Australian citizen.