Tanzania e-Visa requirements for U.S. Virgin Island citizens
- 1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for U.S. Virgin Island citizens?
- 2. Tanzania visa requirements for U.S. Virgin Island citizens.
- 3. How to apply for a Tanzania Visa from U.S. Virgin Islands?
- 4. Cost of Tanzania visa for U.S. Virgin Island passport holders.
- 5. What entry points are available for U.S. Virgin Island passport holders to enter Tanzania?
- Useful information:
Tanzania's government launched the Tanzania eVisa in 2018, which means that obtaining a visa for Tanzania is now faster, cheaper, and more convenient because there is no longer a requirement to apply at a local embassy or consulate.
Over 150 countries, including eligible citizens of the United States Virgin Islands, can now apply for an eVisa to Tanzania.
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for U.S. Virgin Island citizens?
Visitors from certain countries must apply for a consular visa at a Tanzanian embassy; however, citizens of the United States Virgin Islands can apply for a visa to Tanzania online.
In 2018, Tanzania introduced an electronic visa, or eVisa, for certain nationalities, including US Virgin Island citizens. The applicant must fill out a simple online application form from the comfort of their own home or office in this simplified system.
The eVisa system is the most convenient way to obtain a Tanzania tourist visa. Visitors to Tanzania can obtain a variety of visas depending on their purpose for visiting the country.
Visitors from the United States Virgin Islands who have a valid Tanzania eVisa can avoid long lines at the border and enter the country quickly and easily.
Tanzania e-Visa for U.S. Virgin Island citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for U.S. Virgin Island citizens.
As previously stated, obtaining a Tanzania visa for citizens of the United States Virgin Islands is now easier than ever. This means no waiting in embassy lines, no face-to-face interviews with immigration officials, and no stacks of paperwork. The first and most important step is to determine which visa you require and then apply for it.
Let us start with the basics: the various types of Tanzanian visas. Although there are more than four different types of visas, the most common is the single-entry tourist visa. Here are a couple of examples:
- A Single-entry Tanzania tourist visa.
- A Multiple-entry Tanzania visa.
- A Tanzania transit visa.
- A Tanzania business visa.
Following your decision on the type of visa you require, the next step is gathering the required documents and paperwork to begin an online application for a Tanzanian visa. U.S. Citizens of the Virgin Islands are currently required to have the following documents:
- A passport issued by the United States Virgin Islands - Your passport must be current and valid for at least six months from the date you intend to arrive in Tanzania.
- Biometric passport page - You must upload a copy of your biometric passport page. A passport's first page usually contains the traveler's photo and personal information (passport number, full name, expiration date, and so on).
- A digital passport-style photo - You must submit a recent photograph of yourself taken within the last six months, with your face centered and clearly visible.
- A Basic Travel Itinerary - As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a basic list of your travel plans to ensure that they are within the three-month limit of the Tanzanian tourist visa. Check that you have a ticket that clearly states your next stop (either to another destination or back home).
- A valid email address - In order to receive notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa, you must enter a valid email address.
- A valid payment method - You must have a valid debit or credit card to pay the visa fees.
- To submit an application for a Tourist multiple entry 1-year e-visa, you must have the tour host's ID and an invitation letter.
- A letter of invitation from the organization and evidence of insurance are required for a Business e-visa.
Requirements of Tanzania visa for U.S. Virgin Island citizens.
3. How to apply for a Tanzania Visa from U.S. Virgin Islands?
The application must be completed in order to obtain a Tanzania visa.
To apply for a Tanzania evisa from the United States Virgin Islands, fill out an online Tanzania visa application form first. This form will ask you a few basic questions about yourself (such as your full name, date of birth, and nationality), your contact information (email), and passport information in less than an hour (passport number and country of citizen).
Then you must pay the application fee and wait for an email confirmation. Tanzania visas are typically processed in three days, but this may be extended due to high demand or other factors. Once your evisa has been approved, we recommend printing a copy in case an immigration official questions you at the border.
Tourists from the United States Virgin Islands who visit Tanzania may wish to stay for an extended period of time. Once in Tanzania, this can be done at the immigration office in Dar es Salaam, the country's capital.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for a Tanzania Visa from U.S. Virgin Islands.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for U.S. Virgin Island passport holders.
The cost of a visa to the United States Virgin Islands in Tanzania varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries the applicant makes during their visit. When applying for a Tanzania visa from the US Virgin Islands, you must pay two (2) visa fees: service and government costs.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly. Fill out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to be sent to you via email. You have the option of selecting one of the following processing times:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa fees for U.S. Virgin Island passport holders.
5. What entry points are available for U.S. Virgin Island passport holders to enter Tanzania?
U.S. Virgin Island citizens with an eVisa can enter the United Republic of Tanzania through one of the following entry points:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA), located in Dar-es-Salaam.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA) serves the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
- Mwanza International Airport, serving the city of Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA), on Unguja Island.
- Zanzibar Sea Port.
- By road: Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.