Tanzania e-Visa requirements for Fijian citizens
If you are a Fijian citizen visiting Tanzania on business or for pleasure, you must first obtain a visa before traveling. Previously, this was a difficult process, but in 2018, the Tanzanian Government implemented a simple online application form that allows Fijian citizens to apply for a Tanzania visa from their home country.
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Fijian citizens?
Tourists from most countries can now apply for a Tanzania eVisa . Currently, citizens of more than 150 eligible countries can take advantage of electronic visas to visit Tanzania for a short period of time. For travelers, the online system expedites and simplifies the visa application process.
Tanzania's e-Visa application is completely web-based. Foreign nationals do not need to schedule an appointment with the embassy to complete their application; they can do so using their smartphone or computer that is connected to the Internet.
The information on this article can help travelers determine who needs a visa for Tanzania and how to apply online.
2. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Fijian citizens.
The electronic application can be used to apply for any type of Tanzanian visa. It is critical that you select the appropriate visa for your needs based on the reason you are traveling and how long you intend to stay:
- A Tanzanian tourist visa with a single entry allows the traveler to stay in the country for up to 03 months for travel, tourism, short-term medical treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A Tanzania tourist visa with multiple entries for Fijian citizens, designed for frequent visitors to the country. This visa is valid for a year and allows visitors to stay in Tanzania for up to three months on each trip.
- A transit visa is available for travelers stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 07 days.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working in the country on a temporary basis or for anyone looking to invest in Tanzanian business. This visa is valid for 03 months from the entry date, allowing citizens of Fiji to enter the country once and stay there for up to 90 days.
Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Fijian citizens.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Fijian citizens.
Fijian nationals must submit supporting documentation to meet the Tanzania eVisa requirements when using the online application form. The following documents must be digitally scanned and submitted:
- When arriving in Tanzania, you must have a Fijian passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
- A copy of the passport information page with the applicant's full name written on it.
- A passport-style photograph of the applicant's face.
- A return flight ticket
In addition, if you apply for a multiple entry tourist visa or a business visa, you need to attach some documents as below:
- An invitation letter from a host with his/her ID.
- An invitation of the Host Company and a certificate of Incorporation
The visa also requires you to notify the immigration authorities of your travel plans so that you do not exceed the visa's three-month limit.
Tanzania visa requirements for Fijian citizens.]
4. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Fiji?
After ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Fijian citizens and selecting the correct visa type, Fijian travelers should complete the short Tanzania e-Visa application online, which only takes a few minutes.
Each applicant must provide the following vital personal and passport information when filling out the form:
- Complete name.
- The date of birth.
- Location of birth.
- The number of travel documents.
- Information about the applicant's travel plans in Tanzania (date of entry/ departure)
It is critical to double-check that all of the information entered is correct, or else the visa process may be delayed.
As part of the e-Visa application process, all Fijian citizens must provide a current email address, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. Following the immigration department's review of the application, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. You should not book your vacation until you have received final visa approval confirmation.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Fijian?
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Fijian passport holders.
To apply for a Tanzania visa online for Fijian citizens, you must pay two (2) visa fees: the service fee and the government fee.
Tanzania Immigration Services takes pride in its ability to provide high-quality service at a reasonable price. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
The service charge is variable depending on which of the 03 service categories you select from the list below:
- The standard processing time is 03 business days, and you will receive your e-visa within that time.
- Urgent processing time: If you select this e-visa type, you will receive your e-visa within 02 working days.
- Super Urgent processing time: the quickest type of e-visa, which can be obtained in as little as 24 hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
The visa fee for Fijian citizens varies depending on the type of visa and length of stay, and can be paid with electronic payment (PayPal, Debit/ Credit Card, American Express) or Wire Transfer (via the Bank of Cyprus) when the application is submitted.
Fijian who wish to visit Tanzania for reasons other than tourism, business must apply for a regular visa at the Embassy. The new electronic system is expected to shorten the transition period for those who have applied for the visa ahead of time. It is hoped that it will also increase the appeal of Tanzania to Europeans traveling for business or pleasure.
Cost of Tanzania visa for Fijian passport holders.