Tanzania Visa requirements for Burkinabe citizens
To enter Tanzania for tourism, business, or volunteering, Burkina Faso citizens or those traveling on a Burkina Faso passport require a visa. Single-entry tourist visas can be obtained at the border upon arrival by presenting a passport and supporting documentation. However, there are frequent delays at immigration, and there are long lines during peak times.
Another option is to apply online before leaving your house. The new system, which has recently been implemented for several nationalities, including Burkina Faso, is far more efficient than applying in person. The online form is simple to use and allows applicants to move through immigration and border control much more quickly.
1. Tanzania visa requirements for Burkinabe citizens
Burkinabe citizens who plan to apply online in their home country before traveling must include the following documents with their application:
- A valid Burkina Faso passport that is valid for at least 06 months upon arrival in Tanzania, with a minimum of 02 blank pages.
- The passport information page, scanned.
- A digital passport photograph that was taken within the last 06 months.
- An invitation letter from a tour host with his/her ID if you want to apply for a Tourist multiple entries 1 year e-visa. For a Business e-visa, you need to provide an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate of insurance.
- A return/onward ticket: to let the Tanzanian local authority manage your immigration status.
When entering Tanzania, immigration officials will frequently request proof of return flights to Burkina Faso or onward travel, as officials must ensure that the applicant's travel plans correspond to the time limit imposed by the Tanzania tourist visa.
For Burkinabe citizens, the visa fee can be paid online with a credit card at the same time as the application. The rates vary according to the type of visa and the length of the applicant's visit.
Tanzania visa requirements for Burkina Faso's
2. Types of a Tanzanian Visa for Burkinabe citizens.
Burkinabe citizens travel to Tanzania may require different types of visas depending on their reason for visiting and the length of their stay:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows the traveler to stay in the country for up to three months from the arrival date with a single entry for tourism and leisure, short-term health treatment, or any other activity permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa, valid for a maximum of 12 months and allowing travelers to visit Tanzania for up to three months at a time.
- A transit visa is available for travelers who want to transit through Tanzania and have a short trip in the country on their way to another country for no more than seven days.
- A Tanzania business visa is issued to Burkinabe citizens visiting the country to fulfill professional obligations, conduct research, or hold business meetings, and allows for a stay of up to 03 months depending on the traveler's needs.
Types of a Tanzania Visa for Citizens of Burkina Faso.
3. How to Apply for a Tanzania e-Visa from Burkina Faso?
Once Burkinabe citizens are confident that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements and have decided which visa is best for them, they should spend a few minutes filling out the Tanzania e-Visa application form.
There are several important pieces of personal information that must be carefully filled out. These are some examples:
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Passport number
- Details of the applicant’s travel plans such as date of arrival/departure.
Check that all information entered is correct, as Tanzanian immigration cannot be held responsible for errors that may occur during the visa processing if information is incorrect.
Applicants are also asked to provide a current email address, as details about the ongoing application process and confirmation of final visa approval will be sent to that address. It is not recommended that applicants book flights or accommodations until they have received confirmation of visa approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
How to Apply for a Tanzania e-Visa from Burkina Faso?
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Burkinabe citizens
To apply for a Tanzania visa online for Burkina Faso, you must pay two (02) types of Visa fees: the Service Fee and the Government Fee.
The total cost will vary depending on the type of e-Visa and how quickly you need it. Keep in mind that both of these factors have an impact on your bill.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
The service charge is variable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the list below:
- When you choose this service option, you will receive your e-visa within 03 business days.
- If you select this e-visa type, you will receive an e-visa in 02 working days.
- Super urgent: The quickest type of e-visa, which can be obtained in 01 working day. The most expensive option provides you with the service experience you deserve.
Furthermore, if you want a pleasant trip, you should purchase Tanzania Travel Insurance
As you can see, applying for a Tanzania visa from Burkina Faso is now easier than ever. You do not need to go to an embassy; you can apply at any time of day or night from the comfort of your own home. It doesn't get much better than that. What exactly are you waiting for? Apply for a Tanzania visa for Burkinabe citizens as soon as possible.
Cost of Tanzania visa for Burkinabe citizens