Tanzania e-Visa for Laotian citizens: Requirements and Fees
If you've ever wanted to climb Africa's highest peak, relax on some of the world's most beautiful beaches, or go on a life-changing safari — all in the same country — this is the place to be. This adaptable country, long regarded as Africa's hidden gem, is finally receiving the attention it deserves from fellow travelers.
However, before you book your next flight to Dar es Salaam, keep in mind that all Laotian citizens need a visa to enter Tanzania legally.
As a Laotian citizen, applying for a Tanzania e-Visa is a quick, easy, and simple process. A new government regulation passed last year allows citizens of more than 50 countries, including Laos, to apply for a streamlined Tanzanian electronic visa (also known as an evisa). We'll show you how to apply, what you'll need, and more in this article.
Table of contents:
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Laotian citizens?
Certain countries require visitors to apply for a traditional visa at a Tanzanian embassy; however, Laotians can apply for a visa to Tanzania online at Tanzania Immigration Services.
In 2018, Tanzania implemented an electronic visa, or e-Visa, for certain nationalities to obtain an e-Visa, including Laotians. The applicant must fill out a simple online application from the comfort of their own home or office in this simplified system.
The most convenient way to obtain a Tanzania tourist visa is through the e-Visa system. Visitors to Tanzania can obtain various types of visas based on their reason for visiting the country. With this type of visa, visitors from Laos can bypass long lines at the border and enter the country quickly and easily.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Laotian citizens.
You must first determine what type of visa you require before applying for a Tanzanian electronic visa. The four major visa types are as follows:
- A single-entry Tanzania tourist visa – A single-entry visa (also known as a Tanzania tourist visa) allows the traveler to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of three months. This visa is valid for travel for pleasure, tourism purposes.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania visa – This visa is designed for travelers who plan to visit Tanzania frequently. The multi-entry visa allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a total of three months (consecutively), with the visa valid for a year. To be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa, the applicant must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and provide documentation to support their application.
- A Tanzania transit visa allows the traveler to use Tanzania as a transit country before continuing on to their next destination. It is only valid for stays of up to 7 days.
- Those planning to visit Tanzania for business or to invest in Tanzanian-founded companies can apply for a Tanzania business visa. The validity period of this visa ranges from one to six months.
After you've decided on the best visa for you, the next step is to gather all of the necessary documents. The list of Tanzania visa requirements for Laotian citizens is as follows:
- A valid Laotian passport – Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to arrive in Tanzania. It's also a good idea to have at least two blank pages in your passport in case the officer needs to stamp it.
- A copy of your passport's biometric page – You must submit a copy of your biometric passport page. A passport's first page usually contains the traveler's photo and personal information (passport number, full name, expiration date, and so on).
- A digital passport photo – Near the end of the application, you must upload a recent photo of yourself. Your features should be visible and your face should be centered.
- A crucial journey Itinerary – You will be required to submit a basic list of your travel plans as part of the ongoing process to ensure travelers adhere to the three-month Tanzanian tourist visa limit. Proof of subsequent travel, such as to another country or home, is also required.
- A valid payment method – In order to pay the visa fees, you must have a valid debit or credit card.
- A valid email address – Finally, in order to receive notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa, you must have a valid email address.
- The tourist e-Visa which valid for 1 year - You must submit the ID and the letter from Tanzania citizens.
- An invitation letter and COI will be required for obtaining a Tanzania e-Visa.
Tanzania visa requirements for Laotian citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Laos?
To obtain a Tanzania visa from Laos, you must first fill out the Tanzania visa application form online. The application is simple, with only a few questions about yourself, such as your full name, date of birth, and nationality; your contact information, including your email and current address; and your passport information, including your passport number and expiration date.
You must pay the application fee and wait after completing and submitting the application. The Tanzania visa takes an average of 1 or 3 working days to process, but it may take longer due to high demand or other factors.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Laos
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Laotian passport holders.
The cost of a Laotian visa in Tanzania varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries made by the applicant during his or her visit. You must pay two (2) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa from Laos: service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly at the Tanzania Immigration Services website. Simply fill out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to be sent to you via email. You have the option of selecting one of the following processing times:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time. This type of insurance will support you all medical coverage and find the nearest hospital for medical treatment.
Tanzania visa for Laotian passport holders.
5. What entry points are available for Laotian passport holders to enter Tanzania?
Laotian citizens with an eVisa can enter Tanzania through one of the following ports of entry:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA).
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA).
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA).
- Namanga border.
- Tunduma border.
Visa to Tanzania from Laos.