How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Cameroon
Only a few countries around the world are exempt from having to apply for a visa before entering and traveling in Tanzania. Most foreign nationals, including Cameroonian citizens, must obtain a visa in order to visit Tanzania.
As of November 2018, there is an easy way to apply for a Tanzania e-Visa as a Cameroonian citizen, thanks to the new e-Visa system. This new e-Visa was introduced to increase security and speed up the visa process at Tanzania immigration and border control. This electronic process is also expected to improve tourism and aid in border control.
Table of contents:
1. Tanzania visa requirements for Cameroonian citizens.
To be able to apply for a Tanzania e-Visa online prior to traveling to Tanzania, Cameroonian citizens must meet a few Tanzania visa requirements and ensure that they have all of the necessary documentation. Cameroonian citizens must have the following qualifications:
- A Cameroonian passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they intend to enter Tanzania, with a minimum of 02 blank pages for verification.
- A digital photo that was taken within the last 06 months, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A scanned copy of the biographical page in the passport
- A return flight to Cameroon or another destination.
- If Cameroonian nationals want to apply for a Tourist multiple entries 1 year e-visa, they also need to provide an invitation letter from a tour host with his/her ID. For a Business e-visa, an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate of insurance will be required.
Tanzania visa requirements for Cameroonian citizens.
2. Types of a Tanzania e-Visa for Cameroonian citizens.
It is important to note that there are various types of visas for Tanzania depending on your reason for visiting as well as the length of your stay.
Before applying, all international citizens, including Cameroonian passport holders, must determine which visa type best meets their needs.
There are four main types of visas available to Cameroonian travelers:
- Tanzanian visa, single entry. Cameroonian passengers are eligible for this type of visa if their goal is to visit Tanzania for leisure, tourism, or short-term healthcare. They can only enter Tanzania once and stay there for 03 months from the arrival date.
- Multiple-entry visa to Tanzania: This visa type allows Cameroonians to enter Tanzania multiple times within a 12-month period. The maximum permitted stay in Egypt per visit is three months.
- Tanzanian business visa Cameroonian applicants must present a valid work contract and travel for legal business, special work assignments, professional duties, or to invest in Tanzanian businesses. This visa allows Cameroonian citizens to enter the country once, with a total staying time of 03 months from the date of arrival.
- Visa for transit: Ideal for Cameroonian travelers passing through Tanzania or who need to stay in the country for a maximum of 07 days.
The tourist visa is the most common Tanzanian visa type for Cameroonian nationals. Cameroonian applicants should decide whether they need a multiple-entry visa or a single-entry visa based on their travel needs.
Types of a Tanzania e-Visa for Cameroonian citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Cameroon?
Cameroonian citizens can also apply for a Tanzania visa on arrival when they enter Tanzania. This process, however, is much slower, and travelers will be asked to pay a fee that can vary in amount, making it difficult to plan ahead. As a result, it is advised that travelers wishing to enter Tanzania use the efficient electronic system.
If the applicant has a valid passport, he or she can apply for a visa from Cameroon online by filling out the online visa application form. There are only a few simple questions on this form. Applicants, for example, will be asked to share:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Country of birth.
- Date of arrival/departure.
- A valid email address.
- Email address
- Contact number.
This application form will also request the following information regarding the applicant's passport:
- Number on a passport.
After answering these questions and making the payment, applicants will be notified via email that their application has been received. All other correspondence will also be sent via email to the address provided on the online application form. As a result, applicants are advised to double-check their email addresses and to check their inboxes every couple of days.
Finally, Cameroonian citizens who wish to apply are strongly advised to begin the application process at least a week before their intended departure date. Even though Tanzania e-Visa applications are typically processed within 01 to 03 business days, this can sometimes take longer. As a result, it is best to complete the application form well in advance of the departure date to ensure that it is processed and received on time. Because errors can cause delays, all applicants should review all of their answers before clicking the "Submit" button.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa) .
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Cameroon.
4. Cost of a Tanzania visa for Cameroonian passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Cameroonian citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the number of the applicants. To apply for a Tanzania visa from Cameroon, you must pay two (02) types of visa fees: the service cost and government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
You can get your e-Visa quickly instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. All you have to do is apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You have a variety of processing times options the following list:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed in 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
You can make the online payment using either electronic payment (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal) or via direct deposit (HSBC transaction).
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
When you have COVID-19 Insurance , your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Cost of a Tanzania visa for Cameroonian passport holders.