Tanzania e-Visa for Lithuanian citizens: Requirements and Fees
If you are a Lithuanian citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or pleasure, you must first obtain a visa. Previously, this was a difficult process, but in 2018, the Tanzanian government implemented a simple online application form, allowing Lithuanian citizens to apply for a Tanzania visa from their home country.
Table of contents:
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Lithuanian citizens?
Tourists from most countries can now apply for a Tanzania e Visa. For travelers, the online system expedites and simplifies the visa application process.
Tanzania's e-Visa system is completely online on Tanzanian Immigration Services. Foreign nationals do not need to make an appointment with the embassy to complete their application; they can do so using their smartphone or computer to apply for an e-visa in the fastest way.
This page's information can assist travelers in determining who requires a visa for Tanzania and how to apply online.
With the e-Visa, tourists can stay in Tanzania for up to 30 days in a row. The majority of nationalities are only allowed to enter the country once.
2. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Lithuanian citizens.
The electronic application can be used to apply for any type of Tanzanian visa. It is critical that you select the appropriate visa for your needs based on the reason for your trip and the length of time you intend to stay:
- A Tanzanian tourist visa with a single entry allows the traveler to stay for up to three months in the country for travel, tourism, short-term medical treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A Tanzania tourist visa with multiple entries for citizens of Lithuanian, intended for frequent visitors to the country. Visitors can stay in Tanzania for up to three months with this visa, which is valid for a year.
- A transit visa is available for visitors stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination who plan to stay for no more than 7 days. This visa is valid for 7 days from the entry date.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working temporarily in the country or for anyone looking to invest in Tanzanian business. The validity period of the visa can range from one to three months, depending on the needs of the traveler.
Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Lithuanian citizens.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Lithuanian citizens.
When using the online application form, Lithuanian nationals must submit supporting documentation for the Tanzania e-Visa requirements. The following documents must be scanned and submitted digitally:
- You must have a Lithuanian passport that is valid for at least 6 months when you arrive in Tanzania. Your passport must have more than 2 blank pages for special notes and exit/ entry stamps.
- A copy of the passport information page that bears the applicant's full name.
- A recent photo which is taken in the last 6 months
- For business e-visa, Lithuanian travelers must provide an invitation letter and company COI from the inviter company.
- An ID host and invitation letter from your acquaintance are also required when applying for a tourist e-visa.
- A travel plan including a flight ticket
You must also notify the immigration authorities of your travel plans so that you do not exceed the visa's three-month limit. Flight confirmation or other proof of return to Lithuania or onward travel to another destination is required.
What entry ports can Lithuanian passport holders use to enter Tanzania?
Lithuanian citizens traveling to the United Republic of Tanzania with an e-Visa can enter the country through one of the following entry points:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA).
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA).
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA).
- Namanga border.
- Tunduma border.
Tanzania visa requirements for Lithuanian citizens.
4. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Lithuania?
After ensuring that they meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Lithuanian citizens and selecting the correct visa type, travelers should complete the short Tanzania e-Visa application online, which should only take a few minutes.
Each applicant must provide the following vital personal and passport information when filling out the form:
- Complete name.
- The date of birth.
- Location of birth.
- The number of travel documents.
- Information about the applicant's travel plans in Tanzania.
It is critical to double-check that all of the information entered is correct, or else the visa process may be delayed.
All Lithuanian citizens must provide a current email address as part of the e-Visa application process, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. Following the review of the application by the immigration department, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. You should not book your vacation until you have received final confirmation of your visa approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Lithuania
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Lithuanian passport holders.
Lithuanian citizens must pay two (2) visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa online: the service fee and the government fee. Tanzania Immgiration Services takes pride in offering high-quality services at a reasonable price. The type of visa and the processing time you select determine the cost of your visa.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
The service charge is variable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the list below:
- The standard processing time is three business days, and you will receive your e-visa within that time.
- The second processing time is Urgent: for those who want to receive your e-visa within two working days.
- Super Urgent processing time: the quickest type of e-visa, which can be obtained in as little as 24 hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
The visa fee for Lithuanian citizens varies depending on the type of visa and length of stay, and can be paid with a credit card at the time of application.
Lithuanian citizens can obtain a Tanzanian tourist visa on arrival; however, there may be long lines at the border, and the visa fee varies and must be paid in cash upon arrival. The new electronic system is expected to shorten the transition period for those who applied for the visa ahead of time. Tanzania's appeal to Europeans traveling for business or pleasure is expected to grow as a result of this.
Cost of Tanzania visa for Lithuanian passport holders.