Tanzania e-Visa requirements for Portuguese citizens
Tanzania has everyone's attention this year, from celebrities to travel bloggers, hoteliers, and regular travelers. Climbing Africa's highest peak (Mt. Kilimanjaro), going on a wild safari through the Serengeti National Park, or strolling through the vibrant streets of Dar es Salaam are all options in this country.
Furthermore, Zanzibar, an island off the coast of Tanzania, is known for its beautiful turquoise beaches and is the birthplace of musician Freddie Mercury.
Every citizen of Portugal is required to have a visa in order to enter Tanzania legally. Fortunately, travelers can apply for a Tanzania electronic travel visa (also known as an e-Visa) from the comfort of their own home.
To obtain a Tanzania visa online from Portugal, travelers need to complete an online application form, which is a quick and simple process. The application process usually takes less than an hour, and Portuguese citizens can expect their visa to be processed within three business days.
If you are a Portuguese national planning to visit Tanzania and would like to apply for a Tanzania visa for Portuguese citizens, please read the requirements and steps below.
Tanzania e-Visa for Portuguese citizens.
1. What is the Tanzania e-Visa for Portuguese citizens?
Certain countries require visitors to apply for a consular visa at a Tanzanian embassy. On the other hand, Portuguese can apply for a visa to Tanzania online.
Tanzania introduced an electronic visa, or e-Visa, for certain nationalities, including Portugueses, in 2018. In this simplified system, the applicant need to fill out a simple online application form from the comfort of their own home or office.
The e-Visa system is the most convenient way to obtain a Tanzania tourist visa. Visitors to Tanzania can obtain a variety of visas depending on their purpose for visiting.
Visitors from Portugal with a valid Tanzania visa for Portuguese citizens can bypass long lines at the border and enter the country quickly and easily.
2. Types of the Tanzania e-Visa for Portuguese citizens.
As previously stated, obtaining a Tanzania visa for Portuguese citizens is now easier than ever. This means no more standing in embassy lines, no more face-to-face interviews with immigration officials, and no more stacks of paperwork. The first and most important step is to figure out which visa you need and then apply for it.
Let us start with the basics: the various types of Tanzanian visas. Although there are more than 4 different types of visas, the most common is the single-entry tourist visa. Here are a few examples:
- A single-entry Tanzania Tourist Visa: It is valid for 90 days from the arrival date for tourism, family visits, short-term health treatment, or other activities sanctioned by the Tanzanian Government. Travelers can stay up to 3 months from the arrival date.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania Visa: It is valid for 1 year from the arrival date and allows Portuguese citizens to stay in Tanzania for a period of every 03 months.
- A Tanzania Transit Visa: Available for Portuguese travelers who plan to stay for no more than 07 days while transiting to another destination.
- A Tanzania Business Visa: This type of e visa allows Portuguese visitors to enter the country once and stay there for a maximum of 03 months from the arrival date.
3. Tanzania visa requirements for Portuguese citizens.
Following your decision on the type of visa you require, the next step is to gather the necessary documents and paperwork to begin an online application for a Tanzanian visa for Portuguese citizens. Citizens of Portugal are currently required to have the following documents:
- A Portuguese passport need to be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to arrive in Tanzania.
- A digital passport-style photo – You must submit a recent photograph of yourself taken within the last 6 months, with your face centered and clearly visible.
- For business e-visa, Portuguese citizens are required to provide an invitation letter and company COI from the inviter company.
- A return flight ticket to Portugal or another location.
- An ID host and invitation letter from your acquaintance are also required when applying for a tourist e-visa.
Tanzania visa requirements for Portuguese citizens.
4. How to apply for a Tanzania Visa from Portugal?
To obtain a Tanzania e-Visa, the application must be completed.
To apply for a Tanzania visa for Portuguese citizens, travelers have to complete the Tanzania visa application form online first. In less than an hour, this form will ask you a few basic questions about yourself (your full name, date of birth, and nationality), your contact information (email and current address), and passport information (passport number and expiration date).
Following that, you must pay the application fee and wait for an email confirmation. Tanzania visa processing takes about three days on average, but this can be extended due to high demand or other factors. We recommend printing a copy of your approved e-Visa in case an immigration official questions you at the border.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for a Tanzania Visa from Portugal.
5. Cost of Tanzania visa for Portuguese passport holders.
The price of a Portuguese visa in Tanzania varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries made by the applicant during his or her stay. You must pay two (2) types of visa fees when applying for a Tanzania visa for Portuguese citizens: a service fee and a government fee.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
Instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application, you can get your e-Visa quickly. Fill out an e-Visa application from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to be sent to you via email.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa for Portuguese passport holders.