How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Bouvet Island?
If you are a Bouvet Island citizen traveling to Tanzania for business or tourism, you must obtain a visa before entering the country. Previously, this was a complicated process, but since 2018, the Tanzanian Government has implemented a simple online application form that allows Bouvet Island citizens to apply for a Tanzania visa from their home country.
Table of contents:
1. Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Bouvet Island citizens.
The electronic application can be used for any type of Tanzanian visa. It's critical to select the right visa for your needs, depending on why you're traveling and how long you intend to stay:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows travelers to stay in the country for up to three months from the arrival date for travel, tourism, short-term health treatment, or other activities permitted by Tanzanian law.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa for Bouvet Island citizens, designed for frequent visitors to the country. This visa is valid for 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for up to three months at a time.
- A transit visa is available for travelers transiting through Tanzania on their way to another destination and intending to stay for no more than 07 days.
- A Tanzania business visa is available for professionals working in the country on a temporary basis or for anyone looking to invest in Tanzanian business. With this type of visa, Bouvet Island citizens can enter Tanzania once and stay in the country for 03 months from the date of arrival.
Types of Tanzania e-Visa for Bouvet Island citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Bouvet Island citizens.
Bouvet Island nationals must submit supporting documentation covering the Tanzania e-Visa requirements when using the online application form. You must submit a scanned digital version of the following documents:
- A Bouvet Island passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Tanzania, with at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A copy of the passport information page with the applicant's full name written on it.
- A photo that was taken recently, with a clear face against a white/plain background.
- A return flight ticket.
- For travelers who want to obtain a tourist multiple entry visa, they have to provide a host ID card/passport, and a letter from the host.
It is also a requirement of the visa that you submit your travel plans to the Immigration Authorities to ensure that they do not exceed the visa's three-month limit.
Tanzania visa requirements for Bouvet Island citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Bouvet Island?
After ensuring that Bouvet Island nationals meet the Tanzania visa requirements for Bouvet Island citizens and selecting the appropriate visa type, travelers should fill out the short Tanzania e-Visa application online, which should only take a few minutes.
When filling out the form, each applicant must provide the following vital personal and passport information:
- Complete name.
- The date of birth.
- Information about the applicant's travel plans in Tanzania (date of arrival/departure).
It is critical to double-check that all of the information entered is correct, or else the visa process may be delayed.
As part of the e-Visa application process, all Bouvet Island citizens must provide a current email address, where they will receive information and updates on the status of their visa. After the Immigration Department has reviewed the application, the details of the visa's approval or denial will be sent to the same email address. It is not recommended that you book your vacation until you have received final confirmation of visa approval.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Bouvet Island
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Bouvet Island passport holders.
To apply for a Tanzania visa online for Bouvet Island citizens, you must pay two (2) visa fees: the service fee and the government fee.
Tanzania Immigration Services takes pride in its ability to provide high-quality service at a reasonable price. The cost of your visa is determined by the type of visa and the processing time you choose.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees .
The service charge is variable depending on which of the three service categories you select from the list below:
- The standard processing time is 03 business days, and you will receive your e-visa within that time.
- Tanzania Urgent service: If you select this e-visa type, you will receive your e-visa within 02 working days.
- Super Urgent processing time: the quickest type of e-visa, which can be obtained in as little as 24 hours.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time .
The visa fee for Bouvet Island citizens varies depending on the type of visa and length of stay, and can be paid with a credit card when the traveler submits their application.
The new electronic system is expected to reduce border lines and shorten the transition period for those who have applied for the visa in advance. It is hoped that it will also make Tanzania more appealing to Bouvet Island passport holders traveling for business or pleasure.
Cost of Tanzania visa for Bouvet Island passport holders.