Tanzania e-Visa requirements for Thai citizens
Thai citizens who want to visit Tanzania for tourism can now apply for an e Visa for Tanzania.
The e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization that was introduced in Tanzania in 2018 to simplify the process of obtaining a visa for short-term visitors. The e-Visa, unlike a regular visa, does not necessitate a visit to an Embassy or the submission of a paper application. The entire procedure takes only a few minutes to complete.
The Tanzanian e-Visa is a single-entry visa that allows visitors to stay in Tanzania for up to three months for tourism, leisure, transit, or short-term business.
1. Types of Tanzania visas for Thai citizens.
Thai visitors planning to visit Tanzania should research the following visas:
- A multiple-entry tourist e visa: This visa is granted for the purpose of tourism and visiting relatives and friends. It is valid for one year from the date of entry and allows Thai citizens to stay in the country for three months on each visit.
- Business visas are intended for people who plan to conduct short-term business or invest in the country. This e visa is valid for three months. Thai citizens can stay for three months from the date of arrival with a single entry into the country.
- Transit visa: allows for up to 07 days of transit in Tanzania.
- Single entry tourist visa: With this type of visa, you can stay in the country for up to three months from the arrival date. Thai visitors should be aware that no other activity besides tourism is permitted, and this visa allows single entry only.
Thai nationals are strongly advised to apply for an e Visa prior to departure to ensure a smoother process upon arrival in Tanzania. In fact, travelers with an e-Visa have a shorter line at entry points, whereas obtaining a visa on arrival can take longer.
Tanzania visa for Thai citizens.
2. Tanzania visa requirements for Thai citizens.
Tanzania visa requirements for Thai citizens are as follows:
- A Thai passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Tanzania and has at least two blank pages for verification.
- A scan of the biographical page of the passport
- A recent passport-sized photograph of applicants
- Enter a valid email address to receive the electronic travel document.
- A return flight ticket is needed to ensure you stay within the three-month visa limit. It is also applied for transit e-visa.
- A letter of invitation from the host, as well as his or her ID, will be required for a Tourist multiple-entry 1 year e-visa.
- A letter of invitation from the organization and a certificate of incorporation are required for a Business e-visa.
On arrival, Thai citizens must present their passports and a printed copy of their approved e-Visa.
Requirements of Tanzania visa for Thai citizens.
3. How to Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Thailand?
Applying for an e Visa for Tanzania from Thailand is a simple and quick process. All that is needed is an internet connection and the necessary paperwork.
The following information will be required on the application form:
- Types of e-visa and the processing time.
- Personal information: full name, birth date, and country of citizenship.
- Passport information
- The trip's specifics are as follows: intended entry and departure date.
After completing the application form, applicants must pay with a credit or debit card. Applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating their application was successfully submitted.
It is critical that all information provided in the application form be accurate and up to date to avoid inconveniences such as delays or denial of the e-Visa.
All e-Visa communications, including acceptance or denial, will be sent via email, so applicants must provide a valid email address.
An e Visa for Tanzania is typically processed within three business days. To avoid arriving in Tanzania without approval, travelers should plan ahead of time and submit their applications on time.
Read more: Apply for a Tanzania Visa Online (e-Visa).
Apply for Tanzania e-Visa from Thailand.
4. Cost of Tanzania visa for Thai passport holders.
The Tanzania visa fee for Thai citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the number of entries of the applicant's visit. To apply for a Tanzania visa from Thailand, you must pay two (02) types of visa fees: the Service cost and Government cost.
Read more: Tanzania e-Visa fees.
You can get your e-Visa quickly instead of waiting weeks for your local embassy to process your visa application. All you have to do is apply for an e-Visa from your computer, tablet, or phone and wait for it to arrive via email. You have a variety of processing times options in the following list:
- Tanzania Standard e-Visa: is processed within 03 business days. It's a good option for non-urgent and low-budget requirements.
- Tanzania Urgent e-Visa: If you select this option, your visa will be processed within 02 business days.
- Tanzania Super Urgent e-Visa: The application will be completed within 01 business day.
Read more: Tanzania Visa processing time.
When you have COVID-19 Insurance, your traveling experience will be more amazing and guaranteed at this time.
Tanzania visa fees for Thai passport holders.
5. The entry points for travelers entering Tanzania.
The following are the entry points for travelers entering Tanzania with an e-Visa:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA), located in Dar es-Salaam.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA), serving the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
- Mwanza International Airport, serving the city of Mwanza
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA), on Unguja Island.
- Zanzibar Sea Port.
- By road: Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.
Travelers should keep a copy of their e-Visa with them at all times in case they are asked to show a valid visa.