What entry ports can I use with Tanzania eVisa?
International travelers can use the Tanzania eVisa to enter Tanzania through any port of entry that accepts electronic visas. This includes three international airports:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport - DAR - Dar es Salaam
- Kilimanjaro International Airport - JRO - Kilimanjaro
- Mwanza International Airport - MWZ - Mwanza
and checkpoints in Namanga, Sirari, Holili, Horohoro, Kasumulu, Rusumo, Mtukula, Tunduma.
Selecting the appropriate visa type is crucial, as it depends on the purpose of your travel and the duration of your stay. The following are the available Tanzania visa types for travelers:
- Tourist e-Visa (single entry): With this visa, travelers can stay for a maximum of three consecutive months from their arrival date, but it is valid for a single entry only.
- Tourist e-Visa (multiple entries): This visa is valid for 12 months, allowing travelers to access the country without any limits. However, the holder cannot stay for more than 12 consecutive months and must leave the country every three months.
- Tanzania business e-Visa: This visa is available for professionals working temporarily in the country or anyone planning to invest in Tanzanian enterprise. The validity of this visa is for 90 days, with a single entry.
- Tanzania Transit e-Visa: This visa is for travelers who are stopping in Tanzania on their way to another destination and intend to stay for no more than seven days.
If you are coming to Tanzania for a purpose other than these, you can apply for a regular visa at the Tanzania embassy.