Yes, Swiss citizens can apply for an extension of their business visa while in Tanzania if they need to prolong their stay for legitimate business purposes. Typically, the extension procedure entails contacting local immigration officials or Tanzania's Department of Immigration and submitting the relevant application papers and accompanying documentation.
To extend a business visa in Tanzania, Swiss citizens should consider the following steps:
- Contact the Immigration Authorities: In Tanzania, contact the local immigration officials or the Department of Immigration to enquire about the visa renewal procedure. They will guide you through the relevant criteria and processes.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare the documentation required for the visa extension application. A completed application form, a valid passport, a copy of the existing visa, a cover letter stating the cause for the extension, and any additional papers asked by the immigration authorities may be required.
- Submit the Application: Visit the immigration office in Tanzania to submit the visa extension application along with the required documents. It's advisable to do this well before the expiration of the current visa to allow sufficient processing time.
- Pay the Fees: Pay the applicable visa extension fees as required by the immigration authorities. The fees may vary depending on the length of the extension requested.
- Follow-Up: After submitting the application, it's important to follow up with the immigration authorities to track the progress of your application and obtain the updated visa status.
It's worth noting that visa extension policies and procedures can vary, and it's important to confirm the latest requirements and guidelines with the Tanzanian immigration authorities or consult with a local immigration lawyer or specialist to ensure a smooth and successful visa extension process.